Technical talent wanted!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Blaze163, Jan 4, 2011.

Jan 4, 2011

Technical talent wanted! by Blaze163 at 11:36 PM (548 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Lali ho!

Thanks to someone here asking how to set up their own website, I now have my own too [​IMG] Been meaning to set one up for ages but never got round to it. Now I am the owner of Guiding Light Gaming, the site dedicated to reviews of all kinds, fanfics, homebrewed games, the works. It's still work in progress...and that's where I require some help.

Don't worry. I don't need any help writing reviews right now. Although I might be taking applications in the near future. For now this is only my pet project. What I want is a very specific logo. See, when I first thought up the idea for Guiding Light, I thought up the perfect logo as well, but I lack the technical skills and knowledge to make it a reality. It'd be used for all video reviews, etc. If anyone is willing to assist in its creation, I'd make sure your work is recognised. You'd be creditted in all official uses. Anyone with a spare hour or so with tech skills up for lending a budding site owner a helping hand?

The logo is very specific and probably wouldn't be hard to make. Here's the idea.

- Starts off a black screen.

- A white light, maybe with a hint of light blue in the centre, pulses in the centre of the screen a couple of times like a heartbeat.

- The light stays in sight after the 2nd pulse and a laser eminates from the centre, carving out the name Guiding Light Gaming beneath the light.

- One final bright flash once the writing finishes fills in the letters with colour. Not decided on the colour yet, use your imagination and I'll give you an opinion.

Any takers? This would REALLY mean a lot to me. If there's anything I can do to help, or to reimburse you for your assistance, do let me know and I shall do everything I can.

2. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Though I can't help you out with the logo. I've always wondered what "Lali ho!" means. Is it just a greeting, or does it means something else?

3. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    He's referencing the dwarves from Final Fantasy.
    Maybe he thinks he's one of them, or something? Or maybe he just likes using that british phrase.
    At any rate, it's just a greeting.

4. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    I just kinda got used to saying it to bug my friends. Now it's a character trait.

Seriously though, any help with the logo idea? I just need it as a short video clip of some kind so I can add it to the start of all video reviews. Don't forget to state the name you want creditted.

5. Ryukouki

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    You might be irked since I have nothing to do with the logo. I DO however offer review services. I've been doing reviews for 2 years now, just PM me if you're curious.