Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Websites Down.

What do you think happened most likely?

• Nintendo DMCA'd them.

• TX took the money and ran .

• TX was loosing money because of ATMOS so they couldn't afford to pay their bills.

• Standard TX hate comment.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOHaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if not, they will come back. It is just like torrent sites, domains come and go, it doesn’t matter.

They are already back. They already posted mirrors and have their support and activation servers up and running. I posted that info from their Facebook profile but my Facebook link got removed because "Facebook is Warez". I just went through and redownloaded everything to make sure I have an updated copy of everything FROM THEIR OWN SERVERS. The OS, all their tools, all their manuals. Drama nonsense.

D

Deleted User

Alrighty then. I think I have over stayed my welcome. This stupidity is making my head hurt. So long. When TX website is back online all this will be proven foolish and all of you that have called GaryOPA or myself liars should issue apologies.

Who am I kidding. That's ridiculous.

Have a good day.

D

Deleted User

Alrighty then. I think I have over stayed my welcome. This stupidity is making my head hurt. So long. When TX website is back online all this will be proven foolish and all of you that have called GaryOPA or myself liars should issue apologies.

Who am I kidding. That's ridiculous.

Have a good day.
later:D

Reactions: Deleted User

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They are already back. They already posted mirrors and have their support and activation servers up and running. I posted that info from their Facebook profile but my Facebook link got removed because "Facebook is Warez". I just went through and redownloaded everything to make sure I have an updated copy of everything FROM THEIR OWN SERVERS. The OS, all their tools, all their manuals. Drama nonsense.

It was removed because the post contained links to SX which was proven to have one of the nvidia/nintendo SIGNING keys, and as such GBAtemp made the decision to remove all links to the TX websites

Reactions: OrGoN3

SXAintSoBad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
No, it wasn't planned but I asked specifically if they were still in control of the domains and was assured that they are.
Now this is an interesting tidbit.

This is at least partially consistent with observed facts: something happened that was unplanned.

Them being in control of their domains: not quite so sure of that with ClientHold as one of the statuses.

Why care?
It's inherently interesting to speculate about what's REALLY going on. "Moving the server" is technically probably correct, but probably not the full story.

Does it matter?
Not in the slightest in the long run if they resurface. This is likely.
What is of great interest is whether it will be on the same domains or new domains.
Again, doesn't matter in the long run. Either they will reappear or they will not.

I believe they have been forced to move to less DMCA friendly domains, hence the disorderly nature of the move.
The hows and whys of the forced move?
- the lack of a "domain seized" notice counts against a domain seizure
- perhaps their existing web host simply pulled the plug and said "go away we don't want to host you any more", hence the abnormal statuses on their existing domains.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Now this is an interesting tidbit.

This is at least partially consistent with observed facts: something happened that was unplanned.

Them being in control of their domains: not quite so sure of that with ClientHold as one of the statuses.

Why care?
It's inherently interesting to speculate about what's REALLY going on. "Moving the server" is technically probably correct, but probably not the full story.

Does it matter?
Not in the slightest in the long run if they resurface. This is likely.
What is of great interest is whether it will be on the same domains or new domains.
Again, doesn't matter in the long run. Either they will reappear or they will not.

I believe they have been forced to move to less DMCA friendly domains, hence the disorderly nature of the move.
The hows and whys of the forced move?
- the lack of a "domain seized" notice counts against a domain seizure
- perhaps their existing web host simply pulled the plug and said "go away we don't want to host you any more", hence the abnormal statuses on their existing domains.

If this was simply a server migration why not just outright say it though, instead of waiting a few days? Why did they wait, because it was unplanned, that's why no notice was given. They also removed posts from the facebook page asking what happened? Why remove posts instead of answering.

the new domains are on different ips, if it was just a server update they could have redirected the dns servers, but nope.

It's all too suss, something happened. They sure as hell didnt let the domains expire especially as the stargate domain was under a year old

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's been over 48 hours. Where's the old sites? Oh wait. Seized by Nintendo. Why is TX still denying it?
tbh usually when i domain is seized a seizure notice is normally posted to the site almost immediately, all we have as facts at this point is the site is down, TX are saying its not seized anything else is just speculation

now i guess it might be possible that its in the process of being seized and there has been a delay in the process of transferring control over to whoever issued the seizure notice, but in the only cases of a seized site i have seen they all pretty much immediately switch over to a "this domain has been seized by *insert anti-piracy organisation here*"

i would say its just as possible the domain name register or site hosting company have decided to cut ties with TX and just took the site down and now TX are shopping around for someone else willing to host the site long term, II dont quite see how TX would benefit from not just saying "yeah we lost control of the old domain, don't go there, we will have a solution soon™" denying it would just be stupid and cause confusion for their customers

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: peteruk

pohaxsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I think that we only benefit from Xecuter... The Homebrew bounty has generous donations from them. They benefit the community, and I have to appreciate that as an Atmosphere user.. Also on Reiswitched it has been going around that they got dmca'd

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tbh usually when i domain is seized a seizure notice is normally posted to the site almost immediately, all we have as facts at this point is the site is down, TX are saying its not seized anything else is just speculation

now i guess it might be possible that its in the process of being seized and there has been a delay in the process of transferring control over to whoever issued the seizure notice, but in the only cases of a seized site i have seen they all pretty much immediately switch over to a "this domain has been seized by *insert anti-piracy organisation here*"

i would say its just as possible the domain name register or site hosting company have decided to cut ties with TX and just took the site down and now TX are shopping around for someone else willing to host the site long term, II dont quite see how TX would benefit from not just saying "yeah we lost control of the old domain, don't go there, we will have a solution soon™" denying it would just be stupid and cause confusion for their customers
That's could be true. But TX's sketchiness in this situation makes me think something else has happened.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think that we only benefit from Xecuter... The Homebrew bounty has generous donations from them. They benefit the community, and I have to appreciate that as an Atmosphere user.. Also on Reiswitched it has been going around that they got dmca'd

Generous donations, I wonder how many of them are from Max Louran personally from credit card fraud?

Also for the record nintendo has worked with the authorities to raid facilities before

Source

edit: the only thing on the reinx discord I've seen was the dmca notice that was filled with google, if there has been anything in the general channel I haven't seen as I don't check there often

Last edited by Adran_Marit,

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No, it wasn't planned but I asked specifically if they were still in control of the domains and was assured that they are. As for the underlying reasons for moving everything, I'm sure more made up information will be forthcoming in the days and weeks ahead.
There, I fixed it for you.

Man I don’t understand why it is so difficult for them to admit their domains have been seized. This happens all the time with shady businesses like theirs.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont quite see how TX would benefit from not just saying "yeah we lost control of the old domain, don't go there, we will have a solution soon™" denying it would just be stupid and cause confusion for their customers
They always refuse to acknowledge anything even slightly negative happening with them or their products, always covering with a positive "spin" (fiction). You can almost understand it as a choice of sales strategy, but it certainly gives them that cheesy sleazy used car salesman vibe.

...it's almost endearing, if you're not taking this shit too seriously

200w.gif

Last edited by hippy dave,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EHimfmhrok?si=xpxDoYFxnBtuAR7P