Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Switch SX

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I legit don't give a f*ck about it.
Why would I trust SciresM and his crew more than them? Why would I trust Xecuter more than SciresM?

And by the way, even an open-source project can f*ck you up. Being able to read it doesn't mean being able to understand it.
The only reason why people don't reveal their sources these days is copycats.

Envoyé de mon MI 5s Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

Which only matters if:

You have ePeen envy
You are only in it for the money.

SciresM does not seem to be the former, and TX seems to be the latter.

TX does seem to care about quality assurance though, so I am not going to say their product is broken. Only that being the first to market, means also being the first to get the banhammer and the lawsuits.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which only matters if:

You have ePeen envy

TX does seem to care about quality assurance though, so I am not going to say their product is broken. Only that being the first to market, means also being the first to get the banhammer and the lawsuits.
True, but that doesn't mean we won't get banhammers on Atmosphere.
I assure you Nintendo will do all on its power to aim well and exercise that hammer in full strength.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Do you actually realize that TX was already in the console hacking scene for a really long time and that they're not some random assholes?
When did I say that Xecutor was not trustworthy? I had their original Xbox mod. I'm quite aware of what they do, thanks. I only commented on SciresM.

Kaynabx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which only matters if:

You have ePeen envy

You're talking about insurance in a "hack / homebrew" topic, for God's sake go get some self respect.

When my 3DS flashcard came broken I didn't whine, just go buy another one or shut the hell up.
This isn't Samsung or Walmart, you know you're paying for piracy so you're exempted of any insurance.

Reactions: TAUSENN

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When my 3DS flashcard came broken I didn't whine, just go buy another one or shit the hell up.
This isn't Samsung or Walmart, you know you're paying for piracy so you're exempted of any insurance.
You must have bought from a crappy retailer, or you just didn't take advantage of the policies you could have. When my R4 didn't work, I returned it and got a working one.

Reactions: jakibaki

Kaynabx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You must have bought from a crappy retailer, or you just didn't take advantage of the policies you could have. When my R4 didn't work, I returned it and got a working one.
They asked me to pay 20$ to send it, it was the same as buying a new one so I kept the broken one for pieces. In case the other breaks too ;)

igivenup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right on the money. Sure, piracy is a problem. Sure, we don't all agree with it, purely from a morality and principle stance.
However, and I'm speaking as someone who's had their games pirated. It's not going to go away. It's never likely to be stopped. And Shhhhhh... It's not as big a problem as they make it out to be.

The reality is that the people who pirate the games are the ones who were never likely to pay money for it in the first place.
You're not losing sales, because they wouldn't have paid anyway. Worst case, you're just gaining a larger player base, for me, I don't actually mind that.
If people enjoy it enough to pirate it and continue playing it, then I'm happy. It means I've done something right. And at the end of the day, paying, legitimate customers almost always vastly outnumber the pirates.
Just want to say, as a pirate, that around 4/5ths of the games I download I wouldn't have bought. From my perspective the most I waste by pirating a game is my time as opposed to cash, so I just download anything that seems even remotely interesting, even if it's something I wouldn't normally buy/partake in.

Kaynabx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Perhaps you are unaware that the FSF does pro-bono?
Pro-bonos are either shitty or take years.
And good luck sueing devs for getting a paid and functional hack before you while using some of your sources [emoji23]

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pro-bonos are either shitty or take years.
And good luck sueing devs for getting a paid and functional hack before you while using some of your sources [emoji23]

You act like I think lawsuits are magic candy dispensers or something. The point of a lawsuit is to stop an action that has happened, after the fact, from continuing to happen. Not to stop the action from the start. You are implying that I think it is preventative, or even that it somehow is guaranteed to result in a situation where the violator fails to profit. Neither are true. Divorce yourself from such preconceptions.

A lawsuit's primary goal is to stop further harm. Nothing else.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just don’t get the bitching and whining about these sorts of things.

By and large it’s always been the case. Even back in ye’ olden days people could borrow someone’s cassette/floppy and copy it. Free, no problem.

But of course there were people who profited from it. Selling copies at markets. People would go, buy some and then their friends would copy the copy.

The cycle has continued ever since. It’s just become more complex. There’s no way you’re going to stop a company from profiting over exploits in gaming systems. They’ll do it for as long as they can, just as they always have.

It’s neither good nor bad when applied to the “scene”. These commercial products often offer an easy way for the less technically inclined to do what they ultimately intend to do. Pirate games. Or for a small few of us, homebrew and emulation of devices and games we legitimately own. Along with rom hacks and fan made games.

On the flip side, for those of us who like to tinker a bit more. There’s the free hacks such as Atmosphere. It’ll ultimately do the same thing as the commercial products. Just perhaps not in such an elegant way to get up and running.

Take the 3DS. There’s an amazing free way to hack the system. But it required lots of steps to accomplish, so put off a lot of people. Those people went off and bought one of the commercial products where they could just pop their roms on a memory card and slap it in the system. Up and running, no fuss.

So why bitch and moan about any of it. The situation is no different than it has been for decades. Or maybe I’m just ancient and forget many of you might be experiencing this sort of thing for the first time. Bloody whippersnappers, get off my lawn :D

....... No real reason for this, just been ages since I’ve had a good rant about something :rofl2:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just want to say, as a pirate, that around 4/5ths of the games I download I wouldn't have bought. From my perspective the most I waste by pirating a game is my time as opposed to cash, so I just download anything that seems even remotely interesting, even if it's something I wouldn't normally buy/partake in.

See, exactly my point. It’s an expansion of the player base, not lost sales when most people pirate games.

You’re just the sort of person I wouldn’t have a problem with if you pirated my software. Why would I? You wouldn’t have bought it anyway ;)

Kaynabx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

By and large it’s always been the case. Even back in ye’ olden days people could borrow someone’s cassette/floppy and copy it. Free, no problem.

But of course there were people who profited from it. Selling copies at markets. People would go, buy some and then their friends would copy the copy.

The cycle has continued ever since. It’s just become more complex. There’s no way you’re going to stop a company from profiting over exploits in gaming systems. They’ll do it for as long as they can, just as they always have.

It’s neither good nor bad when applied to the “scene”. These commercial products often offer an easy way for the less technically inclined to do what they ultimately intend to do. Pirate games. Or for a small few of us, homebrew and emulation of devices and games we legitimately own. Along with rom hacks and fan made games.

On the flip side, for those of us who like to tinker a bit more. There’s the free hacks such as Atmosphere. It’ll ultimately do the same thing as the commercial products. Just perhaps not in such an elegant way to get up and running.

Take the 3DS. There’s an amazing free way to hack the system. But it required lots of steps to accomplish, so put off a lot of people. Those people went off and bought one of the commercial products where they could just pop their roms on a memory card and slap it in the system. Up and running, no fuss.

So why bitch and moan about any of it. The situation is no different than it has been for decades. Or maybe I’m just ancient and forget many of you might be experiencing this sort of thing for the first time. Bloody whippersnappers, get off my lawn :D

....... No real reason for this, just been ages since I’ve had a good rant about something :rofl2:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

See, exactly my point. It’s an expansion of the player base, not lost sales when most people pirate games.

You’re just the sort of person I wouldn’t have a problem with if you pirated my software. Why would I? You wouldn’t have bought it anyway ;)
How is it that I can read such relevance in a thread like this...?
Congrats dude, you're the one. Legend.

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I dont really have a problem with piracy, per se. I have a problem with people taking something that costs them 0$ to begin with, and trying to defraud the original creator though. (Which is exactly what a GPL violation is. GPL does not prohibit you from selling the work. It just requires you to make the source code for your project available, should you modify any of the sourcecode from the GPL licensed project, and to give that source code fror free to anyone that asks for it, and to allow them to use it in their own projects free of charge. In return, you recieve proper attribution for your contribution, and the legal right to make and use derivative works, and zero financial cost.)

Piracy I see as a needed evil in the world. It is the defacto force of the "Invisible hand" the laissez faire capitalists rave about, if ever there was such a thing to begin with.

When the barrier to ownership is low, people actually prefer to purchase, due to reliable quality of offering, and assurances on suitability for use.
When the author decides that "It should cost XYZ$, because, **I SAY SO GOD DAMNIT!**", then piracy rears its head, and says "No, MFer, you get nothing."

It corrects the market curves away from obscene prices. That makes the publishers sad pandas.

Kaynabx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dont really have a problem with piracy, per se. I have a problem with people taking something that costs them 0$ to begin with, and trying to defraud the original creator though. (Which is exactly what a GPL violation is. GPL does not prohibit you from selling the work. It just requires you to make the source code for your project available, should you modify any of the sourcecode from the GPL licensed project, and to give that source code fror free to anyone that asks for it, and to allow them to use it in their own projects free of charge. In return, you recieve proper attribution for your contribution, and the legal right to make and use derivative works, and zero financial cost.)

Piracy I see as a needed evil in the world. It is the defacto force of the "Invisible hand" the laissez faire capitalists rave about, if ever there was such a thing to begin with.

When the barrier to ownership is low, people actually prefer to purchase, due to reliable quality of offering, and assurances on suitability for use.
When the author decides that "It should cost XYZ$, because, **I SAY SO GOD DAMNIT!**", then piracy rears its head, and says "No, MFer, you get nothing."

It corrects the market curves away from obscene prices. That makes the publishers sad pandas.
Wow, we came from "Xecuter is gonna destroy homebrews" to "capitalism"..
Could everyone just chill a sec?

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
its a circle,
failoverflow started it, scrius jumped in, xecuter jumped in.

the way i see it if scirus didnt jump in, failoverflow will keep posting videos teasing us.

just see the ps4 scene and thank god we have team reswitched and xecuter

they are both awsome

Kaynabx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
its a circle,
failoverflow started it, scrius jumped in, xecuter jumped in.

the way i see it if scirus didnt jump in, failoverflow will keep posting videos teasing us.

just see the ps4 scene and thank god we have team reswitched and xecuter

they are both awsome
You know what I hate most with these "scene" devs?
They tease people and then make them wait for a year.

When Xecuter came, they brought a wind of disturbance (in the force? [emoji23]) and that served as a catalyst for the whole scene.
Because now there was an "enemy" they had to "beat".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1