Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I see now, it makes you use two stylii, but you only hit it one at a time

Most likely. So you get the drumming feeling. DS can't really distinguish between 1 touch and 2 simultaneous touches
For example, pressing coordinate (50,50) and pressing coordinates (0,0), (100,100) at the same time should result in DS recognizing "1" touch at (50,50)
So far
Red note = touch the drum, either inner circle or outer circle is fine
Blue note = touch the rim
Big red note = touch the drum, double score if inner circle is hit, same as small red note score if outer circle is hit
Yellow note = touch the drum consecutively for the duration of yellow line
Red balloon note = Same as yellow note, but it has a quota to fill and will pop after that many hits
Den den note = touch the drum and rim alternatively, it has a quota to fill. This is where 2 stylii really kicks in.

And from the interview video it's most likely to contain 2 stylii, but I think I'm going to play with only one for lower 3 difficulties (Just like I did with PSP =P) and save the second one for oni difficulty.

The download play is kinda funky, how often do you find people who carry 2 stylii? If it's 1:1 you can lend that person your basic stylus, but for 3 or 4 people download play it's unlikely you'll have 6 or 8 stylii. Kinda impractical, unless it's the rare case of 2(3) people owning taiko DS and one other person or two wants to join in.
P.S. My girlfriend says: "Use your finger if you don't have stylus!" Actually that might be really easier than using stylus to play on easier difficulties.. Hmm..

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Didn't the DS originally include a replacement stylus or two? Quite a few people will probably have styli from those accessory packs or replacement packs which always seem to include three...

SauceyWombat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh mah gawd !

I must get this game!! This looks truly fun. Seems like you can pick it up & play it for short periods of time. Which is a great thing when you don't have a lot of time to invest, yet still want to enjoy your DS. Hey, that could be a jingle
laugh.gif

reemixx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*scratches head* Uhh... It seems I'm the only one who doesn't understand the huge appeal of this game? It just seems to take away the portability of the DS, since you have to place it on a table and use two styli, and it doesn't look all that fun, in my opinion.

I'm a drummer in RL, so perhaps that has something to do with it? Yet, many guitarists love Guitar Hero. I even love Guitar Hero, and that follows the same formula as Taiko, more or less. Hmm, I don't know what it is, I just can't put my finger on it.

I'm not knocking the game, it obviously has a huge fan following. Just expressing my lack of understanding at its massive appeal amongst gamers. I don't suppose it will be getting an English version release?

felix123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
It seems I'm the only one who doesn't understand the huge appeal of this game? It just seems to take away the portability of the DS, since you have to place it on a table and use two styli...
I think it's a cultural thing. On this forum, there's only one thread and twenty something replies, yet on Chinese forums there are dozens of threads and hundreds of replies.

BTW you can use either buttons or styli.

EDIT: Complete song list at Wikipedia. 28 songs in total.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hm.. I play pretty much any game place on desk, table, wherever I have a chair and flat surface (that includes dining table too =P)

This game gives you two original stylii (Wada Don, Wada Kat are attached at the end) but with my experience with other Taiko games, you're not that required to use both. You can hold your DS with one hand, and play with one stylus. Use your thumb of the hand you're holding ds with when it comes to Den Den notes because that would tend to get overwhelming with just one stylus.

OrR : It's not matter of people "having" more than 1 stylii, it's more about "carrying around" more than 1 which I deem unlikely.

I preordered it. I might give away one stylus to my girlfriend. Or I might get another one for her. I'm just purely sold on the stylii. $50 doesn't seem too bad, that's like 4 hours and half of work, or 2 dineouts, either way it'd be highly satisfying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol