LieteFeena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a 2DS on firmware 11.0 and a New 3DS XL on firmware 11.5

Is it possible to setup cfw on the 2DS and then do a systemtransfer to the New 3DS XL so that I have cfw on the new 3ds?

Sorry if my English is bad, it's not my native language :)

LieteFeena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I followed the guide for soundhax but when it says "open download play - miscellaneous options - switch the hb. title" it always shows me "operation failed (no suitable process found)

I checked the guide twice to see if I put something in a wrong place or if I forgot something, but everything's just as the guide says.

What should I do now? :(

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I followed the guide for soundhax but when it says "open download play - miscellaneous options - switch the hb. title" it always shows me "operation failed (no suitable process found)

I checked the guide twice to see if I put something in a wrong place or if I forgot something, but everything's just as the guide says.

What should I do now? :(
You need to actually open the Download Play app. Not be on the home menu.

LieteFeena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have another question :shy:
In the guide for the system transfer it says "Remove the SD Card from the source system as it will now be used in the target system", do I need to do that too?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
In the guide for the system transfer it says "Remove the SD Card from the source system as it will now be used in the target system", do I need to do that too?
Where does it say that exactly? Can you link it? I'm looking at the guide and it doesn't say anything like that...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes - the data on the source SD card will now work on the target console. If you don't move it over you won't have your games and saves.

Reactions: ThoD

LieteFeena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes - the data on the source SD card will now work on the target console. If you don't move it over you won't have your games and saves.
But I can still install cfw on my new 3ds if I don't swap the SD cards? I want to use the bigger card with my new 3ds

LieteFeena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you using the DSiWare hax method? If so, you'll have to use the old SD on the target device at least temporarily, or you can't move the DSiWare over.
I'm using the dsiware injection
https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection).html

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, and in the guide it says
  • Old 3DS or Old 2DS (source) to New 3DS or New 2DS (target) only: if asked which method you wish to use to transfer the SD card data:
but it's not giving me any options... Only the blue button for transfer.

So sorry, got it now, was just to scared to press the button :blush:

Last question
I don't have any saves or games (other than the dsiware) on my source 2ds, do I have to change the SD cards after the transfer? Cause the one in my 2ds doesn't fit in my new 3ds...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Last question
I don't have any saves or games (other than the dsiware) on my source 2ds, do I have to change the SD cards after the transfer? Cause the one in my 2ds doesn't fit in my new 3ds...
Use a computer - delete the Nintendo 3DS folder on the micro SD card (important - don't skip) then copy the Nintendo 3DS folder on the big SD card to your computer, then paste it onto the micro SD.

Reactions: LieteFeena

LieteFeena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Use a computer - delete the Nintendo 3DS folder on the micro SD card (important - don't skip) then copy the Nintendo 3DS folder on the big SD card to your computer, then paste it onto the micro SD.
Before putting all the other files (in the guide) needed for the new 3ds on the micro sd?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I already started the transfer before ...:blush:
Is this a problem?
Move the files when it tells you to put the SD in the target console. If you don't, the DSiWare won't be transferred (you can still recover as long as you don't format the target console and you keep your pre-transfer NAND backup of the source).

LieteFeena

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Move the files when it tells you to put the SD in the target console. If you don't, the DSiWare won't be transferred (you can still recover as long as you don't format the target console and you keep your pre-transfer NAND backup of the source).
I used the wireless transfer, it's not asking me to put the SD card into the new 3ds...
Sorry for asking so much questions..:(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson