Hacking System transfer questions (o3DS -> n3DS)

pent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about downgrading my n3DS on 11.2 using the Dsiware method since I also have an o3DS with CFW installed.

To my understanding, the o3DS's NNID will be attached to my n3DS if I do this. The problem is that all of my content (a lot!!) is attached to the NNID on my n3DS. I really don't want to lose any of it.

The good news is that my o3DS has nothing attached to its NNID, so I don't care if it gets lost or deleted.

So, if I formatted my n3DS after downgrading (thus deleting the o3DS's transferred NNID), would I be able to log in with the original n3DS's NNID and get all of my content back? Would there be any content missing and if so, how can I prevent that?

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm thinking about downgrading my n3DS on 11.2 using the Dsiware method since I also have an o3DS with CFW installed.

To my understanding, the o3DS's NNID will be attached to my n3DS if I do this. The problem is that all of my content (a lot!!) is attached to the NNID on my n3DS. I really don't want to lose any of it.

The good news is that my o3DS has nothing attached to its NNID, so I don't care if it gets lost or deleted.

So, if I formatted my n3DS after downgrading (thus deleting the o3DS's transferred NNID), would I be able to log in with the original n3DS's NNID and get all of my content back? Would there be any content missing and if so, how can I prevent that?
Yep, you don't need to worry about recovering the target system's NNID. The source NNID is the only thing being mingled with in the process :)

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Awesome! Thanks. Would digital saves/DLC be erased?
You'll end up with the source's content on your target N3DS, so any downloads/saves will be wiped. The DLCs are redownloadable of course.
There's also a way to backup your save files but I've never managed to do so without a .cia app, so ask around for that.

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If your N3DS is on 11.2, you need a primary homebrew entry point (ninjhax, freakyhax,..) to launch JKSV in order to backup your saves.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is OoT3Dhax primary?
A primary exploit is any homebrew exploit you can set up without the assist from an existing one. You need browserhax, menuhax, or whatever in order to set up oothax, so that would define as secondary

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But if your on 11.2, oothax will work so your OK there. Just use the 11.1 payload and your all set

Last edited by Sketchy1,

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is OoT3Dhax primary?
It is. But to compare the entry point, I personally think freakyhax is the cheapest. Cubicninja is >= 50$, OOT + Powersave is about 45.
I recently got a freakyforms cartridge on ebay for just 15$. Seems like Ninjhax is too famous so the price is ridiculous. Freakyhax not that much.

trinhno

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes, you can log back in after modding.

If you want to back up current games on the N3DS, you'll have to use JKSM with ihaveamac's mmap. Just search for that. Beware that not all games work and it'll a long process as you have to launch it for individual games and some may not work the first time or at all.

If you already have OoT, you can install the exploit using your O3DS.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It is. But to compare the entry point, I personally think freakyhax is the cheapest. Cubicninja is >= 50$, OOT + Powersave is about 45.
I recently got a freakyforms cartridge on ebay for just 15$. Seems like Ninjhax is too famous so the price is ridiculous. Freakyhax not that much.
They have a CFW O3DS so don't need PowerSaves. And Freaky Forms is a lot harder to find than OoT (which is everywhere).

Reactions: Xiphiidae

pent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone! I'm still confused and new to all this and didn't realize that I could use actually access homebrew on the n3DS with OoT, which worked just fine. \o/

If I back up the saves I want to keep, what other data would be lost in the case of a system transfer -> reformat -> logging back in with the original account? Is there anyway to just back the entire thing up with homebrew?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks everyone! I'm still confused and new to all this and didn't realize that I could use actually access homebrew on the n3DS with OoT, which worked just fine. \o/

If I back up the saves I want to keep, what other data would be lost in the case of a system transfer -> reformat -> logging back in with the original account? Is there anyway to just back the entire thing up with homebrew?
You'll lose your Activity Log, Mii Plaza progress and anything else that isn't a 3DS game save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans