Hacking System Transfer Format Question

InsaneNutter

OP
Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I have a 2DS on Firmware 11.0 i plan to put CFW on, this 2DS hasn't been used and has no Nintendo Network ID on it.

Plailect's guide seems to have conflicting information on the DSIware Downgrade, near that start it states: "Use a save manager to backup any saves you care about on the target 3DS (it will be formatted!)"

However later in the guide it states: "If the target 3DS has a Nintendo Network ID on it, you must format the device using System Settings"

I'm just wondering which is correct, if the console i'm transferring to has no NNID will i still have to format it?

InsaneNutter

OP
Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Ah so it's recommended to for safety? The reason i didn't want to was to perverse a legit version of the pre-installed game. I guess it's not the end of the world if i can't do that, i would have just been nice to.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Target no NNID - No need to think anything what you thought
Only to be aware that:
If Source has an NNID, then your target's pre-installed software will be registered to your source NNID.

Last edited by MelonGx,

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The source and target both don't have a NNID so i might be in luck there. I'm guessing the game will simply stay as a pre-installed game.
You backup the saves using a save manager just in case, but you also backup the source SD card aswell so you can restore your nand.bin after the transfer. When you transfer you have to put the source sd card in the target 3ds so steelhax and your dsiware game will copy over :)

And I was unaware you could system transfer without a NNID? how would the dsiware game copy over that you purchased on your NNID?

Last edited by clancy94,

InsaneNutter

OP
Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
And I was unaware you could system transfer without a NNID? how would the dsiware game copy over that you purchased on your NNID?

I don't know if you can system transfer without an NNID, i'm yet to do one. However you can purchase a game without a NNID, i've done so with Fieldrunners.

I was just presuming if you can buy games without an NNID then they would transfer without one.

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't know if you can system transfer without an NNID, i'm yet to do one. However you can purchase a game without a NNID, i've done so with Fieldrunners.

I was just presuming if you can buy games without an NNID then they would transfer without one.
I would presume not... see if it asks for you to login when you system transfer. Pretty sure it will

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom