XP
Country
United States
EnigmaXtreme said:
Oh man im worried. Why?

On one hand ive been waiting for an update for like months

On the other hand, what if it kills homebrew completely
ohmy.gif
They've tried and failed twice...in a row...

On the other other hand, what if this update gives us DVD Playback lolno, region free playback lolno and that SD Storage Solution lolno i been waiting for. Yes im beinmg optimistic but who CARES! I do.

xDarkElement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha why are you guys having an orgasm "ZOMGZ WTF THE END OF THE WORLD IS HERE 3.5 IS GOING TO KILL OUR HOMEBREW" If your wii is softmodded and you don't update, you'll be fine. 3.2 is the way to go

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xDarkElement said:
haha why are you guys having an orgasm "ZOMGZ WTF THE END OF THE WORLD IS HERE 3.5 IS GOING TO KILL OUR HOMEBREW" If your wii is softmodded and you don't update, you'll be fine. 3.2 is the way to go

Even though I am running 3.4..if I don't press update it won't update correct? its not like its gonna do it on its own? I would downgrade but I have no clue how to do it(Since I am new to all of this) and it took me time to figure out how even to soft mod so I don't want to take any chances

xDarkElement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, it wont update if you dont press anything. I dont think i've ever seen anyone brick a wii downgrading to 3.2, if you have zelda twilight princess, go for it

Stephanie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People roll their eyes at me, but don't realize everyone else in these threads are talking about a bunch of nonsense! Either you choose to update, or you simply don't.

Plus, there's always going to be a way to get the benefits of 3.5 while staying on a lower sysmenu. PANIC! WIISPLOSION! NINTY FORCING 30 MILLION CONSOLES TO UPDATE OR DIE!!!!!

~Steph

p.s. - noobs

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stephanie said:
People roll their eyes at me, but don't realize everyone else in these threads are talking about a bunch of nonsense! Either you choose to update, or you simply don't.

Plus, there's always going to be a way to get the benefits of 3.5 while staying on a lower sysmenu. PANIC! WIISPLOSION! NINTY FORCING 30 MILLION CONSOLES TO UPDATE OR DIE!!!!!

~Steph

p.s. - noobs
that just made my night
thx

only certain games will force an upgrade if your firmware is too low. other than that its a uses choice to upgrade or now

Dark_anth

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesse Sander said:
Great!

Let's hope nintendo blocks alot of pirate-apps. So when you are a noob and make a mistake, you can't go back to 3.2 this time.
fuck you... piracy is fun!
smile.gif
idc who made what and who gets money so dont give me shit about it anyone lol XD srrryyy but i am a GBAtemper
tongue.gif

iResilient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark_anth said:
Jesse Sander said:
Great!

Let's hope nintendo blocks alot of pirate-apps. So when you are a noob and make a mistake, you can't go back to 3.2 this time.
fuck you... piracy is fun!
smile.gif
idc who made what and who gets money so dont give me shit about it anyone lol XD srrryyy but i am a GBAtemper
tongue.gif
Er, that was a real mature way to handle that situation.

Anyways, I don't see what all this hysteria over system menu 3.5 is. Unless you somehow updated with Preloader/Starfall installed, you'd be safe. Also, WiiConnect24 doesn't auto-update (contrary to popular belief). >_>

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
With regards to people bringing up big hopes on VC and WiiWare from SD-card; did noone read the whole post http://hackmii.com/2009/02/why-the-wii-wil...get-any-better/?

marcan said:
As a specific example, let’s look at the much-discussed future ability to load Virtual Console and WiiWare titles from an SD card (seriously, what the hell were they thinking with 512MB of internal storage and no sane infrastructure to ever expand it externally?) There are three possible solutions to get this to work:[*]Add FAT filesystem code to IOS retroactively, disabling any SD access for titles that launch from SD[*]Add FAT filesystem code to IOS retroactively and push title updates for everything that uses SD, to remove the in-title FAT code and replace it with a new interface to IOS[*]Just fake it and transparently copy titles to the Wii system memory when you want to launch them, causing more Flash wear and tear and longer launching timesChances are they’re going to go for number 3. And the only reason 1. and 2. exist is because downloadable content access is implemented through a unified “application security” subsystem, which forced them to define a sort-of-standard interface for it. They wouldn’t have done it otherwise.
In other words, your best hopes are a transparent feature with: (1) having a link in your system menu, (2) clicking that link will copy the game to the Wii NAND and, (3) run it. This might be better than today, but only marginally--and will really tear on your NAND.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, I only scanned through the topic quickly.
QUOTE said:
First update to Korean Wii System Menu, Launches with new Shop and Region Select Channel

Source: WiiBrew.org
New shop channel and 'Region Select' channel. (Obviously why it was Korean specific) No evil code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh