Hacking System Menu 3.5K released

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol wish i could nominate this thread for some prize.
There's so many noobs saying stupid things. Annoying.
There's so many supposedly non-noobs replying to these stupid remarks with answers that are often wrong as well. Annoying.
There's me replying to both of them. Annoying.

Oh what a vicious circle this is.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
^Yeah if its actually what the channel is for, Nintendo might have actually done something cool with an update! *hopes*

HJBSCX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
EnigmaXtreme said:
Oh man im worried.

On one hand ive been waiting for an update for like months

On the other hand, what if it kills homebrew completely
ohmy.gif

Why were you waiting for an update for months? What kind of new super features were you expecting after having read marcan's latest article?

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Skarface05 said:
If you take a look at marcan's Wiimpersonator, it would appear that there are now updates for all regions apart from USA. I have yet to hear of any conifrmed updates, but as of now USA does not appear to have one still.

http://wii.marcansoft.com/wiimpersonator/reports/

That's because there are all the previous updates. No 3.5E or 3.5J yet.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Some of you guys really need to chill...
This thread started as an info and turned into a flamming one.
Get it right : lots of coders/reversers went into the 3.4 code and found nothing like an autoupgrade (even i thought so, till some boardies told me where to look), so give it up.
For the upgrade now, some of us will want to try it and some will be scared to.
My guess, stay away from it as long as TT found no way to counter it.

This said, have a nice day.

PS: to all those chip owners, quit the softmod hating please.
We all know you got screwed paying for a stuff that we can achieve for almost free, at least much cheaper than you payed.

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don Killah said:
We all know you got screwed paying for a stuff that we can achieve for almost free, at least much cheaper than you payed.
You sir are not better than anyone else here. That is pitching gun powder in this flame war.

Cygoku

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ain't updating 'nothing, eat shit and die Nintendo of America until you publish Disaster, Fatal Frame, and whatever the hell we ain't getting while we get stuck with AAA titles like Babiez, Petz.

I'm still waiting for someone in the hack community to make a USB storage solution that's mainstream (easy to use for everyone) that holds VC games, save data, etc.

That is the ultimate "Fuck you" to Nintendo for being asshats with the Wii.

You got an awesome system and I can take the whole not top of the line GPU/CPU, but when you don't LISTEN to your fans for concerns like a storage solution that hasn't arrived in OVER A YEAR since complains and you justify it because?

Well because? You are doing fine? Everyone else be damned, it's a business.

Good for you, this is why I feel absolutely no remorse in having a softmodded Wii, bunch of dicks running the show. I can't wait for another incremental update, what next, an Alarm clock feature like the DS?

COLOR ME INTRIGUED.

/rant

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don Killah said:

I'm a softmodder, and a chipper...

I would recommend a chip to ANYONE who has softmodded... not only will your compatibility jump to 100% for Wii and Gamecube titles, but you'll also get stuff like NTSC/PAL conversions at 100%, ability to upgrade to whatever new system menu Ninty tosses at you, and still play your backups...

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
Don Killah said:

I would recommend a chip to ANYONE who has softmodded... not only will your compatibility jump to 100% for Wii and Gamecube titles, but you'll also get stuff like NTSC/PAL conversions at 100%, ability to upgrade to whatever new system menu Ninty tosses at you, and still play your backups...
At the cost of voiding your warranty. Softmods can be remvoed with no traces left if you know what you are doing.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
EnigmaXtreme said:
Oh man im worried.

On one hand ive been waiting for an update for like months

On the other hand, what if it kills homebrew completely
ohmy.gif

On the other other hand, what if this update gives us DVD Playback, region free playback and that SD Storage Solution i been waiting for. Yes im beinmg optimistic but who CARES!
Dude, how many hands do you have?
rofl2.gif
Just kidding....trying to lighten up the mood here
wink.gif

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
I would recommend a chip to ANYONE who has softmodded...
and still play your backups...
The Softmod is not about playing pirated backups but launching homebrew. Try launching homebrew apps on a 3.4 Wii without Softmod
wink.gif
The ability to launch backups without chip is just a side effect.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
zidane_genome said:
Don Killah said:

At the cost of voiding your warranty. Softmods can be remvoed with no traces left if you know what you are doing.

So can my chip... it's called a WiiClip... just fit's over top the controller chip... then there are things like the flatmii... no trace left behind...

Softmods will always leave a trace behind, because there's no way to erase EVERYTHING you put on... even with a reinstall/format...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1