Hacking System format while having mset installed on n3ds?

joex11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
Hey all,

I'd like to format my n3ds to factory settings but I have a mset downgraded 9.0 n3ds. Is it alright to format to system settings with it?

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I'd like to format my n3ds to factory settings but I have a mset downgraded 9.0 n3ds. Is it alright to format to system settings with it?
It's fine, it should just remove the MSET exploit, so if you want to use it again you'll just need to re-install it

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fine, it should just remove the MSET exploit, so if you want to use it again you'll just need to re-install it
You sure? i swore i read somewhere this would brick the console. Im not trying to scare or anything i just swear i read that somewhere. I could be thinking of something else though to be fair.

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that it will revert the system settings back to original. From my understanding if you downgraded it will stay as a downgraded system settings. This is why it is important for 2DS consoles who downgrade to use the 6.x or a softbrick will happen.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not really sure but I read somewhere that if you format your system with downgraded system settings it would brick ur console. Just wait for someone who is sure about it before doing so.

Reactions: rad3ds

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sure? i swore i read somewhere this would brick the console. Im not trying to scare or anything i just swear i read that somewhere. I could be thinking of something else though to be fair.

You did read it somewhere here recently, but it was speculation and wrong. :P

I don't think that it will revert the system settings back to original. From my understanding if you downgraded it will stay as a downgraded system settings. This is why it is important for 2DS consoles who downgrade to use the 6.x or a softbrick will happen.

Right, the Mset exploit will persist, but the ROP will be wiped.

If you want to actually go back to stock, you'd have to flash your Nand backup prior to the install.

joex11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
Yep, settings still are as 4.x (no wireless card transfer) but no brick. so, mset is still the same, rop was already wiped

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
You have to boot into that recovery screen method which unforuntately updates it to the current firmware. But at least you get a working console to sell.
I already try that, but it give me an error, but I have some NAND backups already, I'm waiting for a cardreader that works with 2DS, finding one gives me a headache

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think using 4.x mset on a 2DS can result in a brick if attempting to format, which is why it's recommended using 6.x mset. In all other cases it should be safe to format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)