Hacking Question sysnand restore? sysnand cfw question using atmosphere.

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had SXOS va emunand and had a backup of boot0, boot1, keys.txt and rawnand.bin using SXOS software. I recently used a different SD card and installed Atmosphere directly on the sd card exfat and updated the firmware 12.1.0. I didnt realize it was using CFW on sysnand by simpling copying to SD card I installed some nsps (dont care about switch being banned). Would I be able to resture the stock firmware again even its a lower firmware like 6.0 or something if something goes wrong and my switch gets bricked. What can I do to make it less likely to get bricked should I make a emunand of the cfw sysnand and used that? I havent done this in a while and a little lost any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    very dark scenes are more common than very bright scenes so i think i made the right choice
    Gift
    there was also a sony with worse local dimming and the glow was really apparent
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Human vision is non linear anyway. 100 nits is about 50% of the peak output of a 10,000 nit display.
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    "very dark scenes are more common than very bright scenes" not in the games i play
    Gift
    really have to buy the top end model to get a tv that doesnt have any of those compromises and that would've had more dimming zones too but i am not made o money
    Gift
    @Julie_Pilgrim "very bright" is essentially pure white
    Gift
    pure white doesn't show up all that much it's mainly when looking at a bright sky
    Gift
    and if the clouds in the sky have slightly less definition to them because i turned on the contrast enhancer who cares
    Gift
    that's not important
    Gift
    i can't tell the difference
    Gift
    but i can certainly tell the difference with black crush if i'm watching a scifi movie and i can't see wtf is going on
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Human vision is logarithmic, it's not linear. And nits doesn't tell the whole story of perceived brightness. OLED'S look brighter then LCD's even when both are set to the same nit values because of the higher contrast ratio on OLED's
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    OLED's have a 3D look
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Charging port is more likely to fry up or battery fail before the display tbh lol
    Gift
    "And nits doesn't tell the whole story of perceived brightness" it's not about perceived brightness it's about all HDR content in TV and movies being mastered for 1000 nits so it doesn't look right with anything lower, it's also about dynamic range
    Gift
    "OLED's have a 3D look" no they don't lol
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    As an owner of a OLED and you saying that you never seen an OLED I think I know what I'm talking about lol. I'm not talking about 3D as in 3D glasses. I'm talking about depth and pop in the picture
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I mean to be fair og vitas are still kicking and not many have suffered from pixel bleed and they're going on nearly 10 years
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    OLED's can get away with a lower peak brightness and still provide punchy HDR because of their contrast ratio. Like I said human vision is logarithmic. The higher the peak brightness the diminishing returns in perceived brightness.
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Just get 5 years enjoyment out of it until Nintendy releases something and everyone forgets about switch games lol
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    @The Real Jdbye Oleds hit around 750 nits nowadays. The difference between a 1000 nit and a 750 nit isn't huge. It's only about a 4% increase in perceived brightness. Not huge at all. You'll need at least 2000 nit displays to notice a bigger difference.
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Read this thread it explains it. 1000 nits is not a huge jump from 750 the LG OLEDs can hit. As I said human vision is non linear.
    +2
    Gift
  • Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Not exactly 3D but the colors does pops out more
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    I just want a true dark mode theme
    for OLED Switch
    Gift
    mr_switch @ mr_switch: I just want a true dark mode theme for OLED Switch