Hacking Question SXOS emuNAND problem

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of a sudden using retroarch, it crashed. Sent me back to the main menu. Then all of a sudden I got error code: 2005-0005.

After rebooting I was forced to format my MicroSD (which I didn't do). I then took it out and deleted my emutendo folder which resolved the problem. However now, I'm not too sure if this is correct, but it shows as having 160GB free out of 256GB when I had around 117GB free before. All of my games obviously don't believe they are installed.

So, is there a way for me to rebuild the database within EmuNAND cause I don't want to keep reinstalling my games each time I have this problem. (The only reason why I configured this in the first place was for 7.0.1 content).

If there is no solution, I will update my sysnand using ChoiDujourNX. However, I'd prefer to keep this as low as possible.

If anyone has any advise, that would be really appreciated.

LeviDL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are plenty of ways around the size limitation of FAT32. ExFAT isn't worth it. Also, make sure you're backing up your system. You don't need to back up the Nintendo and Emutendo folders, you can just reinstall the games in case there is a problem. Also, if you pack the rest into a ZIP or RAR it ends up being a small backup.
TL;DR: Don't use ExFAT and make backups.

Reactions: gizmomelb

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
300 switches done so far and not 1 exfat issue.

What exactly have you done to those 300 devices? Transfered CFW files to exfat formatted cards? If yes, then that proves nothing. The corruption is a long term effect that's sometimes hard to notice until it's too late.

M4xw, one of the main maintainers of the Retroarch Switch port has stated time and time again, that he has received numerous complains about errors that could be traced back to exfat usage. He is a far more creditable source, as he arguably develops one of the most used homebrew programs.

Last edited by Taorn,
Reactions: Deleted User

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how not one but two people here are saying they use exFAT without any issues but the only way to solve OP's issue is to use FAT32. Everyone knows exFAT is a ticking time bomb. Sharing your personal experiences about exFAT is like telling people you haven't been banned for running CFW online.

Reactions: tomi1578

JBMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I like how not one but two people here are saying they use exFAT without any issues but the only way to solve OP's issue is to use FAT32. Everyone knows exFAT is a ticking time bomb. Sharing your personal experiences about exFAT is like telling people you haven't been banned for running CFW online.
Are you talking about exFAT in general or exFAT on the Switch due to Nintendo's driver?

deanspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is preventing someone from fixing or rewriting the drivers? Do we not have enough access? Or is it that no one skilled enough is willing to do it?

D

Deleted User

What exactly have you done to those 300 devices? Transfered CFW files to exfat formatted cards? If yes, then that proves nothing. The corruption is a long term effect that's sometimes hard to notice until it's too late.

M4xw, one of the main maintainers of the Retroarch Switch port has stated time and time again, that he has received numerous complains about errors that could be traced back to exfat usage. He is a far more creditable source, as he arguably develops one of the most used homebrew programs.

Exfat is more prone to corruption in general. Only issue I had was PC side and switch has been solid with exfat. Not all 300 were tx sx os and some were atmo/hekate. Proves something to me. Mileage varies.

D

Deleted User

I never had any problems with exfat ever prior to using emuNAND and retroarch

To be honest those 300 mods ive done only a handful were tx sx os emunand. Always try another card to rule outa bad micro as they do go out after a while or even newish.

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest those 300 mods ive done only a handful were tx sx os emunand. Always try another card to rule outa bad micro as they do go out after a while or even newish.

I know after deleting my emutendo folder, it solves the problem. It happened when retroarch crashed. It crashes hundreds of times. I’d rather have my exfat over retroarch. Worst case, maybe I should install my retroarch on sysnand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: