Question SX OS Throws Off Resolution

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by MikeTheKnight2016, Aug 3, 2018.

1. MikeTheKnight2016
    OP

MikeTheKnight2016 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2016
    United States
    When I launch the gallery through SX OS the resolution is just a tad bit to large. Meaning, things are cut off on the left side, and at the top. Which of course translates into game-play that the left side of the screen and the top of the screen are cut off making it difficult to decipher what is going on at times.

Is there a setting you can use to change the resolution? Loading a cartridge with the switch works fine.

2. jjbredesen

jjbredesen Yes I am not dead.

GBAtemp Patron
    jjbredesen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 16, 2018
    Korea, North
    Hyrule
    What? Have you ehm tried the obvious first suggestion of adjusting resolution in settings?

3. MikeTheKnight2016
    OP

Jul 26, 2016
    United States
    I have not as it works perfect with a cartridge in the switch. It only gives me a little trouble booting with SX OS.

Is there a config file or something I could change so each boot the settings remain in tact?

4. Rikua

Rikua Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    This is not an SX OS issue. Go to your settings, TV settings, then adjust TV scaling. I have to do this when I move my Switch to different docks due to different TV sizes.

5. MikeTheKnight2016
    OP

Jul 26, 2016
    United States
    Interesting - not sure why it works perfect on this same tv when I have a cartridge input.

I'll just adjust the settings as suggested.