Hacking SX OS SD Emunand

Condemned87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A question. .. but a bit offtopic. Runs everything in fullspeed with sd emunand? Because TX told us at first sd emunand doesnt work because of speed issues. Therefore never tried. Thx guys

krazyblunts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can have the same game on both sys and emunand. That means two different save files.
You can use your Emunand to play games you don't own and your sysnand to play online with legit games.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk

basically have to start over then? or do you mean my saved file will be in both sysnand and emunand?

Frank1905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if I create a emunand on SD and delete games from the emunand will they remain on the system nand? I'm having a totaly blond moment plz no lol at me ;)
If the game was installed on the SD before creating the Emunand on the SD itself, and you uninstall the game form Emunand, you will keep seeing it on sysnand, but you will have to download it again.
If the game was installed on internal memory, it will be copied to Emunand and you will only uninstall the game from it.
That's all about where the game is/was installed when you created/moved your Emunand.

CarefulCrysis

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the game was installed on the SD before creating the Emunand on the SD itself, and you uninstall the game form Emunand, you will keep seeing it on sysnand, but you will have to download it again.
If the game was installed on internal memory, it will be copied to Emunand and you will only uninstall the game from it.
That's all about where the game is/was installed when you created/moved your Emunand.
I've got games on my system nand which I've created a emunand from and I wanted to remove games from the emunand to saveup space

krazyblunts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are many ways. Why do you want to do that? Import savedata to play online games can get you banned easily. Don't do that.

cause I used pkhex to modify pokemon lets go and I wanted to keep the pokemons to trade with some friends. bad idea?

Frank1905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've got games on my system nand which I've created a emunand from and I wanted to remove games from the emunand to saveup space
Where were those game stored before you created the emunand? SD or Internal memory?
If SD, then the Emunand only copied the ownage over that game, so if you uninstall it you will get it uninstalled from evrywhere, but you'll keep it as owned on your Sysnand homescreen.
If Internal memory, then you can uninstall it without any issue. It will remain as installed on your Sysnand.

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
I got it working! Freaking finally! OK, so for others reading this, here's what's going on:

After the test on SX OS 2.3. There’s a critical bug in SX OS 2.3. After moving Emunand from NAND to mSD it’ll restore the whole BOOT1 to its original form and backup a copy to sx\emunand\boot1.bin which won’t have EMUNAND recognition inside of it (thanks to restoring to the origin). That causes a black screen when booting to Emunand. There’s a slight difference in sx\emunand\boot0.bin compares to original BOOT0 as well.
(source)

In short, the bug isn't in loading an emuNAND - it's in creating and/or moving an emuNAND!

If you already moved emuNAND to microSD, and do not have any NAND backups made while the emuNAND was on sysNAND:

In order to fix this you need to dump boot0.bin and boot1.bin from your sysNAND while the emuNAND is still on sysNAND, because the files generated by 2.3 Beta don't work. Dumping a NAND after the move doesn't work, which is why nothing I tried before worked.

In order to solve the black screen issue, first back up your SD card and then go back to SX OS 2.0.1 Stable. Create a new emuNAND on sysNAND (I created a 5 GB emuNAND to be quicker) and then backup boot0.bin and boot1.bin from your NAND. (I did a full NAND backup, just in case). Copy these files to your computer and replace them with your NAND dump from before you made an emuNAND to begin with.

Take your emuNAND backup, copy all the files to your emuNAND folder, and this time replace them with the boot0.bin and boot1.bin files you went through all the effort of getting (the ones made while emuNAND is on sysNAND) and then, finally, you should be able to boot into the emuNAND on SX OS 2.3

If you still have emuNAND on sysNAND:

1.) Before doing anything, make a NAND dump and backup your entire SD card. You will need the NAND dump both to get this to work, and to roll back since there is no way to move back to sysNAND (yet).

2.) After the NAND dump is complete, backup everything just in case, then rename your Nintendo folder to Emutendo, replace the boot.dat file from SX OS 2.0.1 Stable with SX 2.3 Beta.

3.) Go into your SX Pro, press options, and move your emuNAND to microSD with the presented option (or create a new one) then power off when complete.

4.) Go to sxos > emunand on your microSD card and replace boot0.bin and boot1.bin you see here with the same files in your sxos > backup folder. If these are not there, refer to your backups.

5.) Boot into emuNAND. Everything should work. If it doesn't, then at least you can roll back to 2.0.1 and have everything working again.

_______

If the developers of SXOS are reading this, a few pieces of feedback:

1.) Until a fix is available, an official statement should be made about the 2.3 black screen issues and how to work around them.
2.) In addition to fixing the ability to create the emuNAND and moving the emuNAND properly, you really should add an emuNAND fix utility for those who already moved so that these files can be properly generated without having to go back to 2.0.1 first.

In any case, it works for me now!

Reactions: thaikhoa

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Elliander Glad that it works for you. Am I correct that your workaround only works if sysNand and an already existing emuNand have the same firmware because boot0/1 are different for each firmware?

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
@Elliander Glad that it works for you. Am I correct that your workaround only works if sysNand and an already existing emuNand have the same firmware because boot0/1 are different for each firmware?

I'm not sure, because in my case both my CFW and OFW are on 6.0.1. From what I understand though, the boot0/1 files are supposed to be modified to indicate the presence of the emuNAND, which is why a NAND dump from a sysNAND that has an emuNAND works. I don't think it could hurt to try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright