Hacking SX OS Licenses

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The future of SX is uncertain, and the leaders of TX are arrested
Buying a license right now is definitely a bad idea, use atmosphere instead
3 people we're arrested. That does not mean sx os is going to die. Their team consists of way more than 3 people.

MaxiBus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Buying a license right now is definitely a bad idea, use atmosphere instead
Great hint for a SX Core installed in a brand new 2020 model!
But anyway, its not possible to bind a second license to a Chip. If you lose the license which comes with the chip, you are screwed.

Reactions: ELY_M

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder why people don't mention when they are using a modchip vs. just an unpatched Switch and RCM payload. It would make it much simpler to try to help them with any questions regarding SXOS.

ps786

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 people we're arrested. That does not mean sx os is going to die. Their team consists of way more than 3 people.

Actually, it is 3 people indicted not arrested. One person in US custody, one person DOJ is working on extradite to US and one person US can never get to.

I may be wrong but I don't think you can buy a license for SX core. It is build into the chip.

MaxiBus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I wonder why people don't mention when they are using a modchip vs. just an unpatched Switch and RCM payload. It would make it much simpler to try to help them with any questions regarding SXOS.

Well, the question was where to buy a license these days.

ps786

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the question was where to buy a license these days.

Um...
it is GONE NOW!!!! no more new sxos licensees.

I am not surprised. Unpatched Switch can run free atmosphere so there is no reason to pay for jailbreak. All SX core come with license build in. I don't see why people would need to purchase license. Desolder SX core and put it on another Switch maybe?

Reactions: ELY_M

mrjoshuaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so there is no reason to pay for jailbreak
Unless they intend to use XCI or prefer a simple drag, drop and go solution. Just because it's not YOUR use case doesn't mean there's no use case. Atmosphere is objectively more stable with support for more overall features. That doesn't mean it's the only choice, I know more than a few folks that prefer it and are informed of their options - and that's fine.

MaxiBus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Um...

I am not surprised. Unpatched Switch can run free atmosphere so there is no reason to pay for jailbreak. All SX core come with license build in. I don't see why people would need to purchase license. Desolder SX core and put it on another Switch maybe?

I need it for SX Core Chips, long story, dont ask :D
But I figured out, theres no chance to bind another license to the chip, use the on included or forget it. So i gave it up already.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Btw yoj CAN still buy licenses on ebay without problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off