Hacking Swith won't boot after manual system update

sajunt4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello!
I recently got a Nintendo Switch from a friend of mine. It actually told me the switch stopped working many months ago with no apparent reason.
I extracted the battery and charged it outside the Switch, and actually I were able to boot up the console, but it did show a error message 2162-0002. Investigating a bit further, I found it was something related with the USB Title, so I decided to reflash the Switch OS manually, as I could not access Recovry or any other menu.

So I've downloaded Firmware 5.1.0 as I've read it was better for this process, and started downgrading the Switch following this guide: (Cannot post links yet. The guide is named: Upgrading/Downgrading Manually With a PC, by Homebrew Guide)

I've extracted my keys using Lockpick, downloadead all the software and started the process.

After many tries, I'm still stuck here with no success. It once showed me the error "pkg1 Loaded pkg1 & keyblob", and looking for it on Google I've found a post on this forum with the same error: (Cannot post links yet. The post is named: Switch won't boot - pkg1 Loaded pkg1 & keyblob, under this same subforum)

I've been trying to reproduce his success with no exit at all. I've tryied many many different firmwares, lower and upper than the firmware the Switch came with (6.0.1 if I remember).
In the post I've mentioned someone shared by PM his keys in order to help "the victim" fix his switch. I don't know if my Keys could by corrupted in some way.

I have plenty access to RCM and a Backup made before trying the manual flash (But with the error 2162-0002).

If someone knows how to help me revive this poor Nintendo I would really appreciate. Any help is welcome.

Best regards!

17/02 EDIT:

Right now the error message, after installing 5.1.0 with the above process, is:

Initializing...
Found pkg1 <201802200163747>
Identified pkg1 and mkey 4
Loaded config, pkg1 and keyblob

Pkg1 decryption failed!
Failed to launch HOS!

Last edited by sajunt4,

sajunt4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
EDIT:

After installing the version 10.0.0, now it displays the error 2002-4664. Acording to some info found on this forum, 'the bootchain of your nand is corrupt'.
I can't find what I'm doing wrong with the update process.

Someone that knows what can I do? Thanks!

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
When you install the firmware, it does not apply anything to the first steps of the bootchain (BOOT0/BOOT1) afaik.
The boot 'roms' also uses a small partition in the NAND.
So if that is broken for some reason, you won't fix that with a new/older firmware.
There was an atricle about using another switch NAND to fix a broken switch :
https://www.sthetix.info/unbricking-a-nintendo-switch-with-donor-nand/
I haven't tried it so I don't know the details.
Maybe that will help.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:

After installing the version 10.0.0, now it displays the error 2002-4664. Acording to some info found on this forum, 'the bootchain of your nand is corrupt'.
I can't find what I'm doing wrong with the update process.

Someone that knows what can I do? Thanks!
Use ChoiDujour to repair your eMMC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit