Hardware Switch video in docked mode stops after 30 seconds

Hannahmanaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I have a weird issue with my switch. It works great in handheld mode but when I try to play games docked, it shows video/audio for about 30 seconds to 1 minute before it cuts out and stops working. It still charges just fine and the dock has a solid gree light.

It worked fine before I sent it to a third party repair center because it wouldn't turn on. They said they replaced the IC chips and sent it back. I assume something was botched with the m92T36 replacement but have no idea.

I have tried 2 separate official docs and power cables
Used about 5 other HDMI cables
Cycled through the tv output settings 480,720,1080 all else is default.
I am at a loss here. Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Hannahmanaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks jkyoho. I ordered a pI3uSB chip and thankfully have a friend who can help me swap them out.

@texh3475, yep I've tried 3 different TV's and 2 PC monitors

Helodrvr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any update on this issue? Mine is doing the same thing and I am pretty sure I have tried it all. Hook up sequence, multiple TVs, hdmi cables, settings etc etc.

Hannahmanaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an update but it brings more problems unfortunately.
I sent it out to a highly recommend repair place on eBay. They replaced a damaged usb port, M92T36, left joy con FPC connector, and pi3usb. Sent pictures with voltage meters and seemed to do a great job. They are still working with me to try and help but are not optimistic. I can refer if needed @helodvr

It boots fine in both ofw and cfw but whenever I boot any game in docked mode, it throws error code Error code 2101-0001. It also plays for about 30 mins or so in docked mode but throws out the same

I have tried using 3 different (fat32 formatted) SD cards in case it was a corruption issue

-They suggested I use a "killer charger" but I've only used the official one it came with. They rebuttled with if it isn't that, it must be a bad SoC and I'm SOL.

My last steps that I can think of is to do a system wipe and restore my nand backup

Any help is welcome and appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-