DoctorIke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

Quite some time ago I installed custom firmware on my switch's systemnand. I also enabled auto-rcm.

All was working well, until one day when the switch would no longer be recognized by my computer, it now only showing up as "Errored Device" or "Unknown Device".

I have tried different cables, devices, and reinstalling the drivers, but nothing is able to read the switch anymore, as a result, things like file transfers, streaming, and any other sort of data transfer from homebrew apps no longer works.

My question then would be, can anyone think of a non-Nintendo service that offers repairs for this sort of issue?

Additionally, if anyone else can think of another solution to this problem it would be much appreciated.

At this point my switch has been powered on for a month, me being afraid if I power it off, I will not be able to reinject the payload.

Scottedontknow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would start with replacing M92T36 as that is the USBc control chip, then if that doesn’t work swap out the usbc port! If you can’t do it yourself you can try console repair shops that do micro soldering! Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoctorIke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town for a few weeks and had no internet.

I'm located in Alberta, Canada right now. If anyone knows of any repair shops in the Calgary or Edmonton city regions that could help that would be much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c