Hacking Switch stuck on low battery

wonkeytonk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can boot payloads, but even on hekate, it shows me a low battery notification and doesn't let me do anything.

The thing is, it doesn't seem to charge even after long periods of time or in its original charger.

My switch has been set to AutoRCM so I think that's why. But now I don't even know if I can switch that back; it worked fine to leave it charging before, but the battery doesn't seem to ever go up.

And is charging it through USB laptop just as effective as on the wall or dock?

Thanks

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you need at least 15% to boot into the HOS and i find it won't switch to fast charge until you boot in.

I would hold the power 15sec or power off via power off in hekate to make sure its power off and charge from the wall

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can boot payloads, but even on hekate, it shows me a low battery notification and doesn't let me do anything.

The thing is, it doesn't seem to charge even after long periods of time or in its original charger.

My switch has been set to AutoRCM so I think that's why. But now I don't even know if I can switch that back; it worked fine to leave it charging before, but the battery doesn't seem to ever go up.

And is charging it through USB laptop just as effective as on the wall or dock?

Thanks
AutoRCM does not drain the battery, but accidentally leaving your Switch in RCM will definitely drain the battery. If you have AutoRCM installed, you should always leave the Switch on and in sleep mode when you're not using it. It should never be powered off. If you do power it off, there's a chance you will accidentally cause it to enter RCM, and that's when the battery will drain.

For now, you should boot the system into Hekate and let it charge while in Hekate. A wall charger will be faster than a USB connection to your computer. If it's at least 5% charged or so, you can quickly move it from your computer to a wall charger while leaving it in Hekate. Once it hits around 15% or so, you can boot your system into Horizon, and then you can dock it while in sleep mode. That should allow it to quickly charge back up to 100%.

If you're going to use AutoRCM, never power off the system, and you should dock it in sleep mode when you're not using it. You should also never let it die.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: tfocosta

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4