Hacking Question Switch stuck on auto RCM?

cooljx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in a weird predicament. I've recently installed the newest atmosphere (0.8.4) through the sx os dongle and everything booted up fine. I downgraded from 7.0 to 6.2 using ChoiDujourNX and everything was working fine. It wasn't until I completely shut down the switch and then turned it on again that I noticed it wasn't turning back on. I freaked out and tried turning it on by booting into rcm and that's when it turned on. That's when i assumed that for some reason atmosphere had unintentionally? installed auto rcm. I checked both sx os launcher and the atmosphere launcher and they're both telling me that auto rcm is off. But whenever I shut off my switch I'm forced to go into rcm to turn on my switch. I guess its not a big deal since I always leaving my switch on sleep and I never use it unless its hacked, I just don't want it to come up later in the future and screwing me over.
I forgot to mention, no matter if boot into sx os or atmosphere, the rcm doesn't seem to go away.
I've also noticed that if i RESTART the switch, atmosphere stays. (This might be a feature, idk. This is my first time using atmosphere)

Last edited by cooljx,

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm in a weird predicament. I've recently installed the newest atmosphere (0.8.4) through the sx os dongle and everything booted up fine. I downgraded from 7.0 to 6.2 using ChoiDujourNX and everything was working fine. It wasn't until I completely shut down the switch and then turned it on again that I noticed it wasn't turning back on. I freaked out and tried turning it on by booting into rcm and that's when it turned on. That's when i assumed that for some reason atmosphere had unintentionally? installed auto rcm. I checked both sx os launcher and the atmosphere launcher and they're both telling me that auto rcm is off. But whenever I shut off my switch I'm forced to go into rcm to turn on my switch. I guess its not a big deal since I always leaving my switch on sleep and I never use it unless its hacked, I just don't want it to come up later in the future and screwing me over.
I forgot to mention, no matter if boot into sx os or atmosphere, the rcm doesn't seem to go away.
I've also noticed that if i RESTART the switch, atmosphere stays. (This might be a feature, idk. This is my first time using atmosphere)

ChoiDujourNX installs AutoRCM by default, not Atmosphere.

And yeah, the restart thing it's a feature of the latest Atmosphere. Sweet, isn't it?

cooljx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright well I figured it out myself. Turns out that ChoiDujourNX automatically installs an auto rcm when you use the program and that I'm now stuck with it unless I want to "burn a fuse". I just hope that this rcm doesnt mess with my switch. I read that having an rcm would mess with your battery and other things. I'm planning on updating to the newest ofw whenever they enable signed certificates in the latest firmware. I was gonna delete this post but it turns that you cant :lol:. Oh well, hopefully this can help somebody else that didn't read the instructions while downgrading.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ChoiDujourNX installs AutoRCM by default

And yeah, that's a feature of the latest Atmosphere. Sweet, isn't it?
I think we both posted at the same time :rofl:. Yeah thanks for the tip. :yay:

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Alright well I figured it out myself. Turns out that ChoiDujourNX automatically installs an auto rcm when you use the program and that I'm now stuck with it unless I want to "burn a fuse". I just hope that this rcm doesnt mess with my switch. I read that having an rcm would mess with your battery and other things. I'm planning on updating to the newest ofw whenever they enable signed certificates in the latest firmware. I was gonna delete this post but it turns that you cant :lol:. Oh well, hopefully this can help somebody else that didn't read the instructions while downgrading.

AutoRCM is ok, will not brick or damage your console in any way. Only thing you gotta have in mind is that whenever you turn off your console, it's not turned off, it's boots to RCM (it will drain your battery, so, draining your battery every night for 6+ hours is bad). So go to hekate and chose "Turn off". Or as you say, sleep mode.

Ottoclav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I need to do if my switch is stuck in autorcm but I want to go back to OFW? I bought a switch that someone thought was bricked or broken, but I think it’s in RCM upon boot-up. It charges and stuff, but I don’t know what to do since I don’t know all the CFW that was installed on it. It came with a 32GB SDcard, and I see a Hekate file on it among other stuff, so that is why I’m guessing it is hacked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on