Raydem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello,

I have a nintendo switch stuck in the boot logo. I tried to reflow the wifi IC without change. Also I proof the capacitors near of the tegra, and they are ok. I found a fail ( i think that it is a fail) with the max 77621, the capacitors near to the max have not voltage, only two have voltage 4.1V.

I need help with the voltages to check if the max IC is ok. The capacitors appears goods, not shorts.

Reactions: HollowGrams

Raydem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, sorry i can not upload any picture. I have voltage from the battery in three capacitors, all other capacitors appear as 0 volts. I measured it in ohms to ground and the value are about 30 ohms. Could you help me with tell me the different voltages of the capacitors in the max 77621 near the wifi ic?

Kameryn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, sorry i can not upload any picture. I have voltage from the battery in three capacitors, all other capacitors appear as 0 volts. I measured it in ohms to ground and the value are about 30 ohms. Could you help me with tell me the different voltages of the capacitors in the max 77621 near the wifi ic?
Assuming this is on stock firmware? Freezing at the switch logo wasn't the result of a failed firmware update?

Raydem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I bougth it but really I don't have any information about it. But it strange that all capacitor near of the max77621 do not have voltage. How I can proof if the problem is firmware?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Assuming this is on stock firmware? Freezing at the switch logo wasn't the result of a failed firmware update?
Sorry I forgot to quote you

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a nintendo switch stuck in the boot logo. I tried to reflow the wifi IC without change. Also I proof the capacitors near of the tegra, and they are ok. I found a fail ( i think that it is a fail) with the max 77621, the capacitors near to the max have not voltage, only two have voltage 4.1V.

I need help with the voltages to check if the max IC is ok. The capacitors appears goods, not shorts.

Check usbc port - Replace it if it looks bad
check for shorts on m9,bq,p13

Raydem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Check usbc port - Replace it if it looks bad
check for shorts on m9,bq,p13
I checked and i found two capacitors in the m9 with value in ohms below to 15. The three capacitors in vertical on the m9, we are the second with 10 ohms and the third with 4 ohms. Sorry i can not post images yet.

Last edited by Raydem,

Raydem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If any caps around m9 are shorted remove m9. Shorts will be gone if m9 was bad. Replace with new m9 and test.

I don't have now the m9 to change, but I am checking the voltages. I think theses capacitors are ok, because are of bypass, and when turn on the voltages is about 0,5 volts. The voltage in the pin 5 is 2.8 volts.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have now the m9 to change, but I am checking the voltages. I think theses capacitors are ok, because are of bypass, and when turn on the voltages is about 0,5 volts. The voltage in the pin 5 is 2.8 volts.

Heres a rough video but it gets the point across:

Raydem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Heres a rough video but it gets the point across:

Thanks for the video, I checked the m9. I have 2,8v in the pin 5 and when turn on the switch appear in the pin 6 the 3,3V. The P13 doesn't have short. Any I will order a M9 to change. Also, if you know the voltages in the max77621.. to proof other ways while wait for the Ic. In red the capacitors that i have voltage, 3,7. And other 89 pads i have not voltage.

cfa3960c1dce661ac6d998015f6546fa2914fb88.png

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the video, I checked the m9. I have 2,8v in the pin 5 and when turn on the switch appear in the pin 6 the 3,3V. The P13 doesn't have short. Any I will order a M9 to change. Also, if you know the voltages in the max77621.. to proof other ways while wait for the Ic. In red the capacitors that i have voltage, 3,7. And other 89 pads i have not voltage.

cfa3960c1dce661ac6d998015f6546fa2914fb88.png

Just got a blue screen switch - replaced usbc as it was loose and it started charging. After charging I get nintendo logo then black screen. Not exactly like yours but similar. Just replaced m9 and doing an ultra sonic cleanse of motherboard before testing.

Raydem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just got a blue screen switch - replaced usbc as it was loose and it started charging. After charging I get nintendo logo then black screen. Not exactly like yours but similar. Just replaced m9 and doing an ultra sonic cleanse of motherboard before testing.
Ok, I will do. When change it I comment here. Thank you. But the switch is stuck in the switch logo, the nintendo logo appear and change to swtich logo.

Last edited by Raydem,

Raydem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just out of curiosity, what happens if you go to recovery mode? (press and hold volume up + minus before the switch screen)
The shame, stuck in switch logo. I press volume+ and - and press power button one time. I wait more than 30 seconds with the buttons pressed and nothing change.

Reactions: Prophecy1059

Prophecy1059

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The shame, stuck in switch logo. I press volume+ and - and press power button one time. I wait more than 30 seconds with the buttons pressed and nothing change.
I am having the same issue, I replaced m92 and bq, and its charging and all values are great no shorts. Switch boots and tunrs on but stops at 2nd logo, I can't enter recovery mode either. I tried reflowing the wifi chip but it didn't work. Really hope we can figure this out.

Be sure to tag me if you come up with anything!

Last edited by Prophecy1059,

Raydem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I am having the same issue, I replaced m92 and bq, and its charging and all values are great no shorts. Switch boots and tunrs on but stops at 2nd logo, I can't enter recovery mode either. I tried reflowing the wifi chip but it didn't work. Really hope we can figure this out.

I will try to change the m92, if it doesn't work i will change the two capacitors near of tegra or wifi ic.

I will post the results here. If you repair your nintendo, please advise me. Thanks

Raydem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I will try to change the m92, if it doesn't work i will change the two capacitors near of tegra or wifi ic.

I will post the results here. If you repair your nintendo, please advise me. Thanks

Reactions: Prophecy1059

Prophecy1059

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I changed out m92 twice, and still nothing! I have ordered some wifi chips, preballed and hopefully will get them tomorrow or saturday. I have those 2 caps, i was hoping they would be missing when i looked at the switch ahah!

Raydem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I changed out m92 twice, and still nothing! I have ordered some wifi chips, preballed and hopefully will get them tomorrow or saturday. I have those 2 caps, i was hoping they would be missing when i looked at the switch ahah!

Ahahaha!! I also hope these!!! But not. I will receive the ics in one month.. is hard found this components here.. so aliexpress is my friend ahahaha. I think that if wifi ic is not your problem, maybe the tegra.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.