Switch Save Locations

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for some sort of app to alter the system settings for Switch to allow saves to be automatically copied to the microsd card.

Or is the only way to have save states on the micro sd card to manually transfer them? Thanks.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for some sort of app to alter the system settings for Switch to allow saves to be automatically copied to the microsd card.

Or is the only way to have save states on the micro sd card to manually transfer them? Thanks.
Anything running automatically would have to have a service running in the background. What is your end goal?

I was able to successfully configure Tinfoil to copy save games info to my Google Drive account. Pretty sure it goes to MicroSD by default. Not automatic, but easy to create the dump of saves.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Anything running automatically would have to have a service running in the background. What is your end goal?

I was able to successfully configure Tinfoil to copy save games info to my Google Drive account. Pretty sure it goes to MicroSD by default. Not automatic, but easy to create the dump of saves.
SX Save Manager can upload saves to Google Drive too, and doesn't need a PC to configure it since logging in happens all on the console. There's a option to upload all saves in a single pass in the settings but you still have to open the app like you do with Tinfoil. There are official versions of SXSM released without any DRM if you know where to look.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think you're looking for the "redirect_save" feature in the config file https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/At...ures/configurations.md#content-specific-flags

Never used it myself so I'm not sure if saves are still in containers or it they're raw save files.

Edit: It's a flag not a config option, sorry. Iirc there may be a config option too?
I tried it out, you not only have to enable the config in system_settings.ini, you also need to create a flag in /atmosphere/content/XXX (title ID), it saves them as plain files like you would back them up with a manager.
However afaik it only shows you one "saveslot" so to say, if you intend to backup and restore savegames imo JKSV or others are the better option.

PS: JKSV also has a build on GitHub you can find in its issues, that enables GDrive upload, the author said he will release a stable version later this year.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
PS: JKSV also has a build on GitHub you can find in its issues, that enables GDrive upload, the author said he will release a stable version later this year.
Iirc it requires doing some configuration yourself because Google limits each app to a maximum of 100 users per project ID. SXSM didn't have that issue so it's able to use the same app ID for every user, removing the need for any configuration other than entering your password.

Edit: That's the same reason Tinfoil requires manual configuration.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Afaik you can zip your whole backup library before it would upload it, so maybe that negates the issue you are worried about?

I havent tried it myself because it was "no official" build but mainly because I avoid using WiFi as much as I can on emuNAND (of course blocking connections/blanking serial). There was someone else who asked me on Discord about the matter and I only dug out a solution haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*