Hacking Discussion Switch remained on SX OS after shutdown

HideoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something weird happened with me today, I use SX OS on a 6.1 switch. I don't use auto rcm and I always shut it down after I play. Yesterday I shut it down as usual after I finished playing (I'm 100% sure of this, it wasn't on sleep mode) then today when I wanted to play I accidentally turned it on as I forget to place the gig, when I checked album I found the games not the pics, I tried again (restart it) but then it was on OFW. Any explanation to this?

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something weird happened with me today, I use SX OS on a 6.1 switch. I don't use auto rcm and I always shut it down after I play. Yesterday I shut it down as usual after I finished playing (I'm 100% sure of this, it wasn't on sleep mode) then today when I wanted to play I accidentally turned it on as I forget to place the gig, when I checked album I found the games not the pics, I tried again (restart it) but then it was on OFW. Any explanation to this?

What do you have against sleep mode? Especially without auto rcm?

Reactions: HideoKojima

HideoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you have against sleep mode? Especially without auto rcm?
Battery lifetime, I use my switch one twice a week so better turn it off

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then you didn't shut it down.
I'm sure I did but probably, I tried to reproduce this but didn't work, I thought I discovered a way to get rid of the jig haha

pworld

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'm sure I did but probably, I tried to reproduce this but didn't work, I thought I discovered a way to get rid of the jig haha
The only way this could be even remotely possible is if they have some hidden hibernate mode, but I am 99,9% sure that they haven't and you just didn't press the shut down button completely.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Most likely it just went to sleep mode. The closest thing you can do right now is reboot to payload but other than that there's no way to enter cfw from a coldboot unless it's a hardware hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE