Hardware Switch Pro Controller continues to disconnect

tassiello

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm new here and I have a problem with my Pro Controller.
First of all, sorry for my English but it's a bit rusty and I'm not a native speaker.
I bough an used original Pro Controller from a guy and didn't have the time to try it out. Yesterday I played with it a little and I noticed that it always disconnects itself from the switch.
I searched online and found literally nothing but a thread that wasn't helpful at all.
I tried to unsync all my controlle, reboot and sync again, tried updating, using it with the cable, opening it to place some tape on battery to make it firmer to the connectors but nothing worked.
I even tried connecting it to my laptop and restore di SPI with the joycon tool, but I didn't find any SPI on the net and even trying to have the backup done wasn't helpful, cause it doesn't even make it halfway.

Can anyone help me out? Unless it's obviously a hardware fault and I can't do anything about it.
Thanks

SolidSnakeUk89

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the Pro controller not connects via the USB c Port? - maybe something in the signal of the connector is bad.. tried a known good?

I think you can test the Pro controller with Steam app.. Open Steam and the settings menu. Find the Controller tab and open General Controller Settings. You should see a few configuration support options on the left. Naturally, we want to enable Switch Pro Configuration Support. From the controller settings page, you can also calibrate your controller's gyro sensor and joysticks by clicking Calibrate

tassiello

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the Pro controller not connects via the USB c Port? - maybe something in the signal of the connector is bad.. tried a known good?

I think you can test the Pro controller with Steam app.. Open Steam and the settings menu. Find the Controller tab and open General Controller Settings. You should see a few configuration support options on the left. Naturally, we want to enable Switch Pro Configuration Support. From the controller settings page, you can also calibrate your controller's gyro sensor and joysticks by clicking Calibrate

I'll try with another cable but I don't think that's the problem cause it disconnects itself with the wireless connection, on switch and pc too.
I'll give a chance to the steam thing too, but maybe there's a combination of buttons that will "reset" it in some way...

SolidSnakeUk89

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll try with another cable but I don't think that's the problem cause it disconnects itself with the wireless connection, on switch and pc too.
I'll give a chance to the steam thing too, but maybe there's a combination of buttons that will "reset" it in some way...

open it up, unplug the battery and plug it back on.. maybe that will reset it but I think it may need a new I/O chip. I never seen one inside tho.. post some pics maybe we can work out where to look next

tassiello

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah I repeatedly unplugged and plugged the battery back on... I think I'm gonna give up, thanks anyway :)

SolidSnakeUk89

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I repeatedly unplugged and plugged the battery back on... I think I'm gonna give up, thanks anyway :)

never give up :) you have to keep trying, if you know there is no change then you have a change to try more.. drastic things! lol
if it does the same in the PC then it means it has to be a fault within the controller..
there should be a chip for power and another one for comms with the console, find them, work out what power rail they are on and lets see if you can find anything out of the norm within those components.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 is too dumb to assemble IKEA furniture :tpi: