RELEASE Switch Media Host - Host your Switch media over LAN

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by ImmaSpoon, Dec 17, 2018.

1. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2018
    France
    Now it works as it should, great job !

ImmaSpoon likes this.
  2. ImmaSpoon
    OP

ImmaSpoon Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2018
    United States
    It's also worth mentioning, if you go to [ip-address]:8000/Album/Extra you can see these files and you can still download them :D

3. supermatto64

supermatto64 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2018
    United States
    Fayetteville, NC
    Nice, I'll try that out. Thanks

4. ImmaSpoon
    OP

ImmaSpoon Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2018
    United States
    Well, good news! I have finally released a new update that has video support. I am very sorry about the long wait, but it is here now. This new update also brings other things like a cleaner media grid, and even themes. Hopes this helps!

hippy dave likes this.
  5. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Amazing! I'll check it out asap!

ImmaSpoon likes this.
  6. bawzy

bawzy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    Hi, something seems to be wrong and I cannot get the .py to load. I have PYNX installed, I have tried both manually and installing from HBappstore. Then I install the Switch Media Host.py into the PYNX folder. I launch PYNX, I get the menu screen, I launch Switch Media Host.py, and it just remains blank screen forever. I tried loading the IP address in my browser in case it did load but shows nothing, but it wont connect.

I've tried Atmosphere, and SX OS both. v8.1. Unsure what else I can try?

7. ImmaSpoon
    OP

ImmaSpoon Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2018
    United States
    Hello! I'm not sure what the issue is, but it could be because it can't start the webserver correctly. Try this file and let me know the output. Thanks!

8. bawzy

bawzy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    Thank you for trying to help! However when I put your file into the PyNX folder and try loading it, the same thing happens; Just a blank screen. The Switch is not frozen, I can hit Home and it exits out. I've tried doing this in Applet mode AND with a forwarder, same result. Dang

9. ImmaSpoon
    OP

ImmaSpoon Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2018
    United States
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I have this version that might help, but the Sort by Games page is broken. I have work right now, but here is that file to hold you over until the next update :) this loads the files a lot faster, and hopefully fixes your issue

10. bawzy

bawzy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    Hey, that file worked! It loaded pretty much instantly, I see "Switch Media Host" in big text on my screen. Thanks so much!

ImmaSpoon likes this.
  11. ImmaSpoon
    OP

ImmaSpoon Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2018
    United States
    Of course :) Glad I could help, expect to see the new update soon!

bawzy likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted