Gaming Switch Lite SD card issue. Can anyone help?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Recently received a Switch Lite from abroad along with a 64GB card. They're both brand new.

Anyway, I started installing data on the SD card, and after a few days, the Switch starts telling me that it's unable to detect the SD card. Unplugging the SD card and putting it back in works, but the error message appears again after a while. I don't know if the issue is with the SD card or the SD card reader in the Switch Lite (which I hope isn't because there's now way I can get it fixed since I got it from abroad).

Can anyone help?

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
there are a common practice of labeling a small SD card as a big one. It is easy even to make a PC or other device actually recognize the fake size.

When you start filling up the card, it goes faulty.

So my suggestion is to try to format your SD card on a PC (if you have access to one). It should show itself as smaller than 64GB from now on, but maybe this make it work.

If that do not work try to test other SD cards, if that do not work either, it is the SD card reader, but you are not out of luck, as any TV/Cell Phone shop can repair a switch SD reader, the worst that can happen is the eventual wait for a part arrival.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To answer you both, I tested the SD card beforehand through h2stestw (I think that's what it's called) and it stated that everything was clean and fine. I formatted it once through SD Card formatter and a second time through the Switch by going to System Settings > Formatting Options > Format SD card. I'll try and test another SD card to see if I get any results.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've tested another SD card. The message doesn't seem to appear anymore. I've also cleaned out the slot with a small brush that was lightly doused in ISO-alcohol. I'll try formatting the 64GB card again to see if the message ever appears again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1