Switch Layout Editor - Create/Edit Themes and Games

Hello everyone, exelix and I are finally releasing the Switch Layout Editor. Please note that this is still in beta.

Brief Description:

The Switch Layout Editor enables you to edit and preview BFLYT and BFLAN files which are used in the Switch interfaces and games.
With this tool you can easily create and edit themes.

Main Features:

• Layout loading, editing and saving
  • Rendering the bounding boxes of the components
  • SZS editing
  • Drag and drop
  • Simultaneous file editing
  • Import/Export JSON patch (Compatible with Switch themes)
How to use:

You can check the Wiki on the Github page for a more in depth tutorial.

Extract the zip file and open "Switch Layout Editor.exe". You can now open a SZS, BFLYT or BFLAN file.
BFLYT files are commonly found in SZS archives, when opening a SZS file you can double click on the files in the list to edit them (if they're supported).

If you're making a theme:
Once you're done editing, you can either:
- Save your changes to the SZS and use it. (illegal to share publicly)
- Export your theme as a JSON patch that you can use with the Switch Theme Injector to create a nxtheme (legal to share)

Discord Server / Support:
You can make an issue on github if you encounter a problem or you can join the discord.
This discord server is used for all my projects.

Release:

Updates:

- Adding and removing texture references in a bflyt file
- Editing materials (partial)
- Fix crashes or corrupted files for big endian bflyts (for Wii U titles)
Download here.

- Animations editor (.bflan files)
- Group (grp panes) editing for bflyt files
- Fix for some crashes and some minor improvements
Download here.

- You can now update the SwitchLayoutEditor directly from within the tool. No need to check Github anymore, just click on the Update button.
- Support for usd1 panes + custom usd1 panes.
- Search box in the SZS editor.
Download here.
Hotfix for a bug causing a black screen. Download here

Screenshots:
MainMenu.png

Layout Example:
Example.png

Support:
You can join the Qcean discord server for any help related to themes.

Credits:
  • FuryBaguette - Development
  • exelix - Base of the editor & Continuous development
  • Abood - Sarc Tool
  • Syroot - BinaryData
MainMenu.png

Last edited by FuryBaguette,

soundsofmath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, with this I was able to fix the overlapping text in the two row layout. I don't know if anyone else got that but it's been really bugging me.

good evening im looking to fix over lapping text under user profile on a nxtheme layout i have the json dont know what to edit or what to look for the white line was annoying for me too ocd any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance peace

FuryBaguette

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NEW UPDATE 1.0 Beta 4
Changelog:
- You can now update the SwitchLayoutEditor directly from within the tool. No need to check Github anymore, just click on the Update button.
- Support for usd1 panes + custom usd1 panes.
- Search box in the SZS editor.

Dichotomy754

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good evening im looking to fix over lapping text under user profile on a nxtheme layout i have the json dont know what to edit or what to look for the white line was annoying for me too ocd any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance peace

I believe it was in the flaunch szs. I forget what it's called, but should be pretty obvious. Just disable its visibility, save, and apply the flaunch patch when creatung your skin.

What kind of skin are you looking for? I got a pretty clean fancy two row one if you're interested.

soundsofmath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it was in the flaunch szs. I forget what it's called, but should be pretty obvious. Just disable its visibility, save, and apply the flaunch patch when creatung your skin.

What kind of skin are you looking for? I got a pretty clean fancy two row one if you're interested.

i am actually editing a few json files for personal use for some reason the switch layout editor isn't working instead of showing blty/ in the beginning it shows anim don't know why cant open anything to preview so i am actually editing json files home menu ResientMenu i made edits to the black panther theme and there's a dude who has made lots of different backgrounds same theme i have edited that one also i am doing one more but don't know too much about what is what like L hub is clock and battery so i am on my way thanks for response keeps me busy i probably will get it right tonight drunk now i cant get the controller to move from bottom setting news eshop user up to the games i have the games and clock on top and everything else on bottom brutal again thanks for reply excuse punctuation don't care for it enjoy your weekend peace

Terrorize420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am actually editing a few json files for personal use for some reason the switch layout editor isn't working instead of showing blty/ in the beginning it shows anim don't know why cant open anything to preview

The blty files are at the bottom of the anims just scroll down further

soundsofmath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The blty files are at the bottom of the anims just scroll down further

Wow thanks now how do you xyz axis meaning i got the mypage highlighted but cant get it to the bottom i try editing the y axis with numbers and nothing sorry for the inconvenience and once again thanks for responding

Terrorize420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow thanks now how do you xyz axis meaning i got the mypage highlighted but cant get it to the bottom i try editing the y axis with numbers and nothing sorry for the inconvenience and once again thanks for responding

Are you editing the rdtbase.bflyt
If so just change the N_MyPage [pan 1]
Position to -275:-295:0
It should get you close to where you want it

Also hit enter after editing and the highlighted box should move to its position

Last edited by Terrorize420,
Reactions: FuryBaguette

soundsofmath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you editing the rdtbase.bflyt
If so just change the N_MyPage [pan 1]
Position to -275:-295:0
It should get you close to where you want it

Also hit enter after editing and the highlighted box should move to its position

Good afternoon hey thanks for all your help what is the diffrence between the scroll area and scroll window and how do i go about resizing one or the other or both to get games to show up smaller i believe i can the drag while holding ctrl to get them to the top thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Good afternoon hey thanks for all your help what is the diffrence between the scroll area and scroll window and how do i go about resizing one or the other or both to get games to show up smaller i believe i can the drag while holding ctrl to get them to the top thanks

tried to edit the scroll area and the scroll window and the n game size like half the size from 1300:322 to 650:161 i get property value not valid same if i try and resize the scroll are and n game man i hate to bother you with all this thanks it is greatly appreciated

Terrorize420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

tried to edit the scroll area and the scroll window and the n game size like half the size from 1300:322 to 650:161 i get property value not valid same if i try and resize the scroll are and n game man i hate to bother you with all this thanks it is greatly appreciated

Im not 100% sure ive only messed with some of the stuff when i have free time i never got the game size to change yet only had a couple hours of messing with themes

And i think the scroll area window is where touch is enabled so you can swipe games left n right with your finger.
And scroll window is the actual games window that scroll either through touch or the controller

vanir29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
can I change the picture of the icons using this editor (album, controller, settings, etc.)? or just the position? if so, how? thanks.

exelix11

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
can I change the picture of the icons using this editor (album, controller, settings, etc.)? or just the position? if so, how? thanks.
Custom themes can change the icon of the album, for the others you'll have to manually edit the bntx. To move around components you need this layout editor, read the guide to get started.

Reactions: vanir29

soundsofmath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not 100% sure ive only messed with some of the stuff when i have free time i never got the game size to change yet only had a couple hours of messing with themes

And i think the scroll area window is where touch is enabled so you can swipe games left n right with your finger.
And scroll window is the actual games window that scroll either through touch or the controller

thanks

FuryBaguette

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NEW UPDATE 1.0 Beta 5
Changelog:
- Animations editor (.bflan files)
- Group (grp panes) editing for bflyt files
- Fix for some crashes and some minor improvements

Download here

Reactions: Storm21

asergio475

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you, with this I was able to fix the overlapping text in the two row layout. I don't know if anyone else got that but it's been really bugging me.
I know you posted this more than a year ago, but I was wondering how you managed to stop the screen scrolling/panning to the right or left when navigating through games and such. I'd really appreciate the help. I've been sending messages in the discord servers asking for help, but its been hours since a response.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night