1. r6tro

OP r6tro Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Hello,

I need help with my 3.0.1 sysNAND switch, I have been out of the scene for quite over a year and have seen huge progress with eMMC and PegaScape! (My sysNAND also
    has an SXOS emuNAND partition)
    Anyway, my questions are:

1. Should i stay on 3.0.1 sysNAND or update to 4.1.0 for PegaScape? If yes, how would I update without buying a game with 4.1.0?

2. Should i uninstall the SXOS emuNAND partition and install eMMC on an SD Card?

Thank you guys for your time!

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You can keep the sysnand firmware on 3.0.1, and use the SX OS Emunand, update that firmware to 8.1.0, if you don't want to go to 9.0.x, you don't need pegascape since you have an unpatched unit, just use the RCM mode entry point.

Hardline likes this.
  3. r6tro

OP r6tro Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    is there an advantage of using the sx os emunand over emmc (or vice versa)? and ive read somewhere that pegascape eliminated the use of using a jig and that jigs damaged the joycon rails. thank you for helping!

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You can use SX Emunand since you already paid for it, you can always get a modchip fitted if you don't want to go through using a jig, pegascape isn't need if you have an unpatched unit.

5. r6tro

OP r6tro Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    oh okay, 1 more question: is choidujour nx (or however u spell it) still used to update sx os emunand?

6. Hardline

Hardline GBAtemp Advanced Fan and Power Metal Fan

Sweden
    do not update, make a emenad, think all open have this now, i use SXOS, but i belive the opensorce have it
    make sure you are in emunad before you uppgrade så dont burn fuses, look at the tread hackin. if you dont understan i will help you

Last edited by Hardline, Nov 21, 2019
  7. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    i am on a low fw too 2.x.x
    i have a question and it might help OP too
    i thought if you use choidujour you need to use always need to use auto RCM
    if we make a n SD emunand of our 3.x.x or 2.x.x and want to update our emunand
    then aside form a game how should we update, since can't go online with 2.x.x or 3.x.x emunand or risk a ban if we can
    but if we use choudujour to update emunand only and not sysnand then do we still need to use auto RCM ?
    if we use choidujour to update emunand and do not use auto RCM then will we still be burning fuses on sysnand?
    also what about breaking the cart slot in sysnand ?
    is preserving 2.x.x or 3.x.x even worht the trouble it seems like it's not really worth it at this point
    i been waiting for a cold boot and nothing has shown up and if it ever does it could be for higher FW too anyways if new exploiits are found like for 3DS

correct me if i am wrong here but i thought the only way preserve low FW was to use choi dujour and that no matter if you update sysnand or emunand that you have to alwasy use auto RCM and if you boot your console even one time without it after using choi du jour to update then you will burn fuses
    and using auto RCM puts you a risk for a soft brick if you ever let your battery die , you wonlt be able to boot the console again with unbricking it

Last edited by weatMod, Nov 21, 2019
  8. minooch_e

minooch_e Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If you have an unpatched switch and don't care for online, do this:

Make a full NAND backup (back that shit up)
    Run whichever CFW you want
    Update sysnand with Choi NX, it will enable AutoRCM
    Enjoy

EmuNAND is only really useful if you want to play online or have a patched switch

There won't be any cold boot solutions without a modchip anytime soon

9. Naxster

Naxster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Doesn't AutoRCM ruin the consoles battery? I read that If the battery is drained, you might not be able to boot it up again because of the AutoRCM :/
    I might be wrong... I hope I'm wrong this time for the sake of everyone xD

Also how do you know there won't be any cold boot solutions soon? :(
    I still have FW 3.0.1 and I'm eagerly waiting for a cold boot solution, so I don't have to use a jig :(

10. minooch_e

minooch_e Member
    Newcomer

United States

In the early days the console would turn back on into RCM when you did a proper shut down, that's long gone though. Not an issue anymore.

Using RCM is SUPER easy, if you have an Android you can just plug it in to the phone and the console will just boot - MAGIC! (Small setup required of course)

There is no reliable news about a cold boot being anywhere near usable.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Switch, still,