Hacking switch help

scottay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I have a switch on 8.1.0 and I can load into custom firmware but as soon as I try to add tinfoil or anything else it gets stuck on the hekate load load up can anyone help with a preconfig that I just stick on my memory card or am I best to update to 9.0.0 thanks

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
Atmosphere is a legal CFW. it doesn't provide ability to run non legit games.
For that, you will need to add some magic (called signpatches).
Find them here.

Reactions: ragestaker21

scottay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok and will that allow tinfoil to work because when I download tinfoil and add the files to my sd card it will do nothing when I send the hekate payload to my switch

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
forget tinfoil. you will need Goldleaf to install nsp files.
first you boot the payload. then you run the App (Goldleaf) on the main menu (holding R and clicking on Album).

If you are lost with black screen... delete everything on SD card except Nintendo folder.
Then install the things I said.

Reactions: ragestaker21

scottay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i only know about tinfoil where it loads into an app and u just download what u need that seems the easy option

scottay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm lost what is the free shop I'm a little confused I want to be able to play retro games and new switch games if that makes sense I'm not worried about being banned as i have another switch for online play

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
freeshop is a term to describe an App that lets you easily download and install games on the console like the Tinfoil you mentioned.
The standard way is to download the game on your PC and install the game via USB or SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.