Hacking Switch Help 8.1 Atmosphere

Lucid32467456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
basically i need help it was working the other day and then my brother come and messed with it and apparently brought up some power off menu with like folder icons apparently and now ever since that my switch wont come on i inject the payload it loads in to the hekate fine then boots to atmosphere but when it gets to the screen that says sept by atmosphere and then goes black i give it time nothing happens and then when i press the power boot it just displays that screen with sept on it and then goes of can anyone help please

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have AutoRCM installed? If not, does your Switch boot normally without using a fusee gelee payload?

Lucid32467456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah i have autorcm on

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i just put the fusee glee on it and it still does the exact same thing

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
yeah i have autorcm on

i just put the fusee glee on it and it still does the exact same thing

Are you using emuMMC? Is your microSD card formatted in fat32 or exFAT?
Also have you tried fully shutting down (hold down power button for 12+ seconds) then going into RCM manually with vol+ and power buttons and re-injecting hekate?

Last edited by altorn,

Lucid32467456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my sd card is fat32 - i turned it of then put it in rcm the way you said re injected it and still the same thing happened

i am not using emummc

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Switch is actually powering off on its own, you might have a dead or dying battery. This could have been caused by your "brother" accidentally booting it into RCM and leaving it like that, which is very plausible with AutoRCM installed. According to Hekate, what is your battery percentage?

If it's low, I recommend you do the following:
  1. Press the Power button once
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 12 seconds
  3. Press the Power button once
  4. Connect it to your computer via USB
  5. Send Hekate as a payload
  6. Choose the "Power Off" function
  7. DO NOT unplug your console from this point as now your console will normally recharge. It should gain enough charge to boot up into CFW/OFW in about 10-15 minutes. It should also be noted that this method is the only way to charge the console while keeping it off as trying to charge it in any other scenario will turn on the Switch.

Lucid32467456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my battery is currently on 40% the switch its self is not turning of when the payload is injected it shows the splash screen then goes black then another splash screen then it just goes black until i press the power button it then displays the same splash screen but what i dont understand is that the screen will show that after pressing the power button then go black after 10 seconds its like im locking and unlocking it but im not able to do anything as its just the splash screen on the device i can show i photo if that would help or something

D

Deleted User

try to chainload using hekate see what happens

Maybe your brother burned fuses?

Last edited by ,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my battery is currently on 40% the switch its self is not turning of when the payload is injected it shows the splash screen then goes black then another splash screen then it just goes black until i press the power button it then displays the same splash screen but what i dont understand is that the screen will show that after pressing the power button then go black after 10 seconds its like im locking and unlocking it but im not able to do anything as its just the splash screen on the device i can show i photo if that would help or something
Do you have a NAND backup?

Lucid32467456

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
he doesnt know his only 5 he just said there were a load of folders and everything and then my mom came and switched it of , sadly not

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he doesnt know his only 5 he just said there were a load of folders and everything and then my mom came and switched it of , sadly not
Do the following:
  1. Make a NAND backup with Hekate if you haven't already. Store it somewhere safe.
  2. Backup the contents of your SD card, reformat using SD Formatter, change it to FAT32 (with 32KB clusters) if it's on exFAT using guiformat, and then put the contents back on the SD card. If this doesn't work, move on to the next step.
  3. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  4. Download the latest Atmosphere from GitHub (currently 0.9.2)
  5. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  6. Download these signature patches
  7. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  8. Put the SD into your Switch
  9. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
If none of the above works, follow this guide to completely downgrade to 6.1.0 and (hopefully) restore your NAND:
https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade

If the above guide works, you will need to update back to 8.1.0 before your Switch will boot without Hekate or fusee-primary again.

As Lacius said, do you have a nand backup?
I think he said no when he said "sadly not."

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Which version of Hekate are you using?

Generally when Hekate gives an error while backup up NAND, is because a file is missing.

I don't remember what error (5) means though.

Quick search on google said this;

something to do with USB debugging

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👈 Always touching 🍆