1. blooddragon88

OP blooddragon88 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I have a launch switch that has never been connected to the internet so its on 1.0.0 1 fuse burnt.

I followed the guide here from gbatemp in order to so hekate and atmosphere. My sd card is formatted initially as exfat in order to do the backups and then I formatted it to fat32. When I boot into hekate this time I go to launch and then select CFW, it does its patching thing reboots and then stays stuck atr the nintendo switch logo. Any ideas? Autorcm is enabled at this point. Thanks

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Follow this guide as I believe the one on here is a little outdated.

3. blooddragon88

OP blooddragon88 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yea, i know, i used exfat just to do the nand backups, after i formatted the sd card back to fat32.

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Sorry I misread your post and thought you left it as exFAT. I edited my post to link to a different guide but it appears that one is down for now. In the meantime, you can try following this guide.

5. blooddragon88

OP blooddragon88 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    all good, ill try that guide and see what happens. thx

6. blooddragon88

OP blooddragon88 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ok after building the sd card from scratch using that guide, after i select launch Atmosphere it says welcome to Atmosphere, then the Atmosphere logo appears, then it goes to the nintendo switch logo and still stays stuck there.

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    How big is your SD card? How did you format it to FAT32? And what cluster size have you chosen?

8. blooddragon88

OP blooddragon88 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    its a 200gb sandisk card, I formatted it using guiformat allocation unit size it set to 32768, not sure if that's the same thing as cluster size.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

if you google search guiformat its the first link, since im new i cant paste it.

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Well it seems your SD card is properly formatted (allocation and cluster size are interchangeable I guess). I have one more guide you can try which is a backup of the first one I tried to link you to: https://oldguide.sdsetup.com/#/

10. blooddragon88

OP blooddragon88 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yea i tried that as well, I guess i can try using some other app to format fat32, do you recommend any?

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Thing is I usually recommend GUIFormat which was the tool you used. I guess you can try FAT32Format or Rufus as I have seldom seen people recommend one or the other.

12. blooddragon88

OP blooddragon88 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    kk, ill try that, any other ideas though? cause I'm kinda getting frustrated with this thing at this point.

Edit

Tried rufus, same thing, gets stuck at Nintendo Switch logo.

Last edited by blooddragon88, Mar 4, 2019
  13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    That is completely understandable. I would recommend other CFW but ReiNX does not work on 1.0 and I don't know for certain if SX OS supports 1.0 or not but that is one option you can consider.

Another is to update your firmware since I believe 1.0 is preventing you from launching CFW. I don't mean update online but rather with a tool called ChoiDujour. You can find a complete tutorial here. You will notice in the guide it mentions an update for your cartridge slot on firmware 4.0. Rather than worry about how to prevent this from happening or not, just update to a firmware below 4.0 such as 3.0.2 then try launching CFW. We can worry about updating the slot after we get CFW working.

The last thing I can think of is that if you are doing everything correctly, then the SD card may be fake/faulty. Use a program like h2testw to determine if its fake or not.

14. blooddragon88

OP blooddragon88 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yea.... ill just put my switch back on the shelf for now lol dont wanna go through all that....

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Hacking, Switch,