Hacking switch downgrading

brayden0925

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I downgrade from 15.0.1 on my switch to 8.0.1 to hack it will it be alright I have a v2 mariko but I would like to hack it with no modchip will this work without bricking and killing all the fuses

pic1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If your switch is a V2 Mariko unit, to mod it you need a modchip... without a modchip you can't do anything....

Before operate on your console, please, read some guide....in this way you don't brick it....

brayden0925

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
İ wonder how the pegascape hack got patched and if there a similar way on newer firmware versions on the switch
Post automatically merged:

İwonder if there is a similar mod to pegascape that still maybe works or a way to bypass where nintendo patched it

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a modchip as stated above, you won't even be able to downgrade without the modchip.
you can't ever "downgrade".. the fuses on the unit are burned cause its on 15 and not modded.

you can "revert" if you have blocked fuse burning with autorcm

Edit: you can do a custom bootloader that overcomes the efuses and boots an older firm emunand if you're trying to run sxos for some reason, but i don't know if that is even possible on mariko. see this other thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-it-safe-to-downgrade.623879/

Last edited by sith,
Reactions: Blythe93

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
İ wonder how the pegascape hack got patched and if there a similar way on newer firmware versions on the switch

İwonder if there is a similar mod to pegascape that still maybe works or a way to bypass where nintendo patched it

No, as your system and firmware doesn't meet the condition.

brayden0925

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or e

Maybe even a glitch in the patch

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
İ wonder if anyone is working on a enlbufferpwn hack for switch without the requirement of a modchip
definitively not happen, at least not in the next decade.

Or e
no, is not probable to happen.

this question has been responded several times here on GBATemp, use the search function at top of page and you will find long histories about why not probable to happen.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
İ wonder how the pegascape hack got patched
My guess is the following: 4 years ago two pull requests from "balika011" were received by hekate to fix the standby mode on downgraded switches with too many fuses. And kosmos (that was the name of an aio package earlier before it has been archived) 11.7 included this "leak". And funny enough, the name of this release was "Déjà Vu".

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
So if we delete the files that were patched would it be hackable or if we go to a version before that
To get deeper into the system, you would need a modchip again. Without it, you can't execute unsigned code on patched units (or Mariko). And if you have a modchip installed, there is no reason to downgrade (there never is anyway because it is pointless). You have a chicken-and-egg problem here, to put it bluntly i would say. And atm all trustzone bugs are fixed. But we dunno what comes in the future. Maybe there is one, but who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

EDIT: And even if you could mod the console without a modchip, there is no guarantee that you can patch this patch "out" of the system.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I downgrade from 15.0.1 on my switch to 8.0.1 to hack it will it be alright I have a v2 mariko but I would like to hack it with no modchip will this work without bricking and killing all the fuses
Just give it up. Many hackers have said there are no new exploits for patched consoles. Either get a modchip or get an unpatched Switch.

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or e
  1. You dreaming
  2. Why do you think that the existing players in the space have not already looked/tried/investigated the ideas you have? Unless you're a security researcher/pen tester with new info there is little point in asking if new publicized vulnerabilities can be exploited to take over the Switch OS. Any new vulnerability that allows this will not be publicly announced until after it is already patched.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
  1. You dreaming
  2. Why do you think that the existing players in the space have not already looked/tried/investigated the ideas you have? Unless you're a security researcher/pen tester with new info there is little point in asking if new publicized vulnerabilities can be exploited to take over the Switch OS. Any new vulnerability that allows this will not be publicly announced until after it is already patched.
And really besides of PegaScape, hasn't been any software vulnerabilities inside HOS, the exploit used on early models is a "Hardware" error on manufacturing so was a NVidia Fault not Nintendo one.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.