Hacking Switch doesn't boot at all

SleepyLittleGhosty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello. Today, i was playing Animal Crossing on my unlocked switch. I got tired of it and just got back to the home screen. When i did it, Atmosphere gave me an error that i couldn't read in time, and just powered off. I tried a lot of things, like charging it, pressing the power button for 20 seconds, formated my entire SD Card, tried to enter RCM mode again, and nothing worked. I have this switch for almost 1 year for now, and i never got this error that Bricked my switch. Can someone help me?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know the cause, but my suggestion would be to hold the power button down for 20 seconds again to make sure it's off, then leave it on charge for several hours before trying again. If it still doesn't come on there might be a hardware problem.

Reactions: bazamuffin

SleepyLittleGhosty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know the cause, but my suggestion would be to hold the power button down for 20 seconds again to make sure it's off, then leave it on charge for several hours before trying again. If it still doesn't come on there might be a hardware problem.
Okay, ill try it, ill come back after sometime to tell
Post automatically merged:

Well... I waited some time again. I charged it, and its still a black screen. Nothing Works.

Last edited by SleepyLittleGhosty,
Reactions: hippy dave

qzack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried hooking it up to your computer with the USB cable and use the RCM tool to see if you can push a payload?
RCM should give you a status indicator. Just curious what it says if it does. This will only work if the switch power button is held down (as stated) for 20 seconds or longer.

I agree with you that a switch of that age shouldn't be acting like it is.

SleepyLittleGhosty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you tried hooking it up to your computer with the USB cable and use the RCM tool to see if you can push a payload?
RCM should give you a status indicator. Just curious what it says if it does. This will only work if the switch power button is held down (as stated) for 20 seconds or longer.

I agree with you that a switch of that age shouldn't be acting like it is.
It was probably a battery problem. I let it drain for almost 3 days. I charged it after sometime, and got to push the payloader. Simple problem, but i was crazy for the solution, because its my brothers switch and i didint want to screw everything over. Thanks for the help! :)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad it's working. Guess I should have specified longer than "several" hours. When the battery is completely flat, it charges very slowly to start with, before going to normal speed when it's got some charge built up.

SleepyLittleGhosty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Glad it's working. Guess I should have specified longer than "several" hours. When the battery is completely flat, it charges very slowly to start with, before going to normal speed when it's got some charge built up.
Yeah, it was almost two hours so that i could turn it on. I'm relieved it's working again lol

Reactions: hippy dave

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country

switch actually charge up the battery at full blast when its plugged in and in low battery state.

basically switch consumes about 16-19watts of power to charge up the battery from 0% to 10% after that, from 20% to 80% it charge around 10watts, beyond that, the charge rate goes slower and slower. Yes that little 20% left before full charge, switch basically goes to 5-2watts charge rate.

see image below for my switch oled charge rate over time from 0% charge to 100%. took like 3hours to charge it to 100%.

Attachments

• plug.png
    plug.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 15

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
switch actually charge up the battery at full blast when its plugged in and in low battery state.

basically switch consumes about 16-19watts of power to charge up the battery from 0% to 10% after that, from 20% to 80% it charge around 10watts, beyond that, the charge rate goes slower and slower. Yes that little 20% left before full charge, switch basically goes to 5-2watts charge rate.

see image below for my switch oled charge rate over time from 0% charge to 100%. took like 3hours to charge it to 100%.
Not just talking about low battery state, but totally drained dry. It's a thing that you have to leave it plugged in for hours before it will show signs of life, as demonstrated in this thread and others before.

qzack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was probably a battery problem. I let it drain for almost 3 days. I charged it after sometime, and got to push the payloader. Simple problem, but i was crazy for the solution, because its my brothers switch and i didint want to screw everything over. Thanks for the help! :)
This happens to mine a lot simply because I don't keep it charged or play it enough. I also realize and know that the switch can only be in "stand-by" mode for so long before it goes completely dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.