Switch does not boot into ofw

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by sefki21, Feb 15, 2019.

1. sefki21
    OP

sefki21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2019
    Switzerland
    Hi Guys

Wanted to downgrade my switch from 7.0.0 to 6.2.0 after my son upgraded it and during dumping the old boot1 it somehow failed and blank screen came up.

Did it via SXOS Dongle. Now it does not boot - only way is booting into SXOS.

How can I restore the firmware? Is there any way to rebuild boot0/boot1 and dump it again to the switch?

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    You need to bypass fuse check, as you now have firmware which requires fewer fuses then the 7.0.0. So try booting to stock FW via the stock option in sx os or via hekate.

3. bluem6

bluem6 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    I think I have the same issue, total noob...now the only way it boot is using hekate then loading the ofw or cf. That's after restoring the nand...

4. sefki21
    OP

sefki21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2019
    Switzerland
    Nope, wasn‘t this with my switch - somehow my boot0 got corrupt. was able to resolve it by creating new boot0 via ChoiDujour and flash it via etcher.

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    How many fuses do you have burnt (check with Hekate), and which system version are you on?

6. bluem6

bluem6 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Lacius,

9 burnt fuses, running hekate 4.6, 6.2 firmware with atmosphere. Any suggestion?

7. chippy

chippy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2017
    Australia
    That's OS 7.0. You will need to boot ofw throu hekate and select boot ofw. You can't boot normaly to 6.2 with 9 burnt fueses

8. bluem6

bluem6 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Yep, that's exactly what I have to do each time...now I know why, thank you very much. Just curious, how do you relate "burn fuses" to OS version?

9. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Every major update, they just tell the switch to burn another fuse. And we can check how many fuses are required for every update.

10. chippy

chippy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2017
    Australia
    I googled it and found a switch wiki saying what fuse count is what os

11. ELY_M

ELY_M GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    yes, you cant boot normally with that many burnt fuses. it goes in panic.