Hardware Switch cant do HDMI out w/o dock

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
source
http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/n...deo-output-via-dock-gamecube-virtual-console/

Well there goes trying to get cheaper docks.
Its probably means its coded and Nintendo will have a license for it.
So if you wanna play it on a different tv your need another dock and the cellphones hdmi adapter will not work.

At lest the Switch is pretty small and moving it around a house or to a friends is pretty easy and simple.

Now i wanna know what voltage is the damn switch i truly believe it will be 15v meaning no cellphone charger will work.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
SCREW THIS! I was kinda hoping for dual screen play via a cable from the Switch to the TV. UGH! Nintendo!
That's asking a bit much from this console. My PC with a 980ti can barely handle that at my preferred performance level.

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it can be done Mayflash will do it.

One thing is for certain, I will not be spending $90 on a dock. Just means I have to sell more Wii U discs and 3DS carts to buy a 2nd Switch.
That price does include an hdmi cable and charger tho lol.

But yea i dont plan to buy another dock.The switch will be in my room where everything else is.
If I ever take it to the front room its a small dock and easy to unplug and move.
I would like another charger for it tho, but dont wanna pay the $30 just to have an extra if i take it somewhere mobile.

Cody090909

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But yea i dont plan to buy another dock.The switch will be in my room where everything else is.
If I ever take it to the front room its a small dock and easy to unplug and move.
I would like another charger for it tho, but dont wanna pay the $30 just to have an extra if i take it somewhere mobile.
Any type c cable works for charging luckily. :P

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

One of my smarter investments was a pack of 1 foot extension cords to plug into power strips so moving devices around is much easier. Similar to this one.
https://www.amazon.com/Extension-Ou...8-1-spons&keywords=short+extension+cord&psc=1

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's asking a bit much from this console. My PC with a 980ti can barely handle that at my preferred performance level.

My PC with a GT730 handles dual screen perfectly and surely the Switch cant be that less powerful. Actually it's dual screen with the second screen having dual (left and right) feeds for VR gaming. BTW that second screen is 720p. All in all, a total of 3 parallel videos from my PC. I'm sure the switch can handle one 1080p and one 720p feed at the same time. If Wii U can handle 1080+480, what is Switch's problem?

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any type c cable works for charging luckily. :P
Lol thats be messed up, nope gotta use are $20 nintendo cable lol.
So i am glad they when with a normal cable vs ps vita
One of my smarter investments was a pack of 1 foot extension cords to plug into power strips so moving devices around is much easier. Similar to this one.
https://www.amazon.com/Extension-Ou...8-1-spons&keywords=short+extension+cord&psc=1

I got a power cube. It works out great
https://www.walmart.com/ip/PowerCube-4-Outlets-2-USB-5-ft-4400-USEUPC/38505687

Use it for my 3d printer and extra stuff makes repluggin stuff easy.

But ah as said i wont be moving it around. Kinda like any other home system you dont get mad at MS or sony for not including another power brick

Last edited by xile6,

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah! I actually liked my Wii U
The wii u suck. The marketing for the dual screens wasnt good. The Game Devs never used the 2 screens correctly.
The only time dual screen comes into play and works is on the DS.
Alot of games simply have easier controls or map and info screen.
Others have the main touch game on the bottom and the top just for movie/graphic

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I don't understand the surprise, it was already announced, and, well, if you have to, just move it with the dock? It's not like the thing is heavy or something... It's like complaining that your console isn't sold with two sets of cables, so you would have to unplug them if you want to play on another screen...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol