• Views 319,940
  • Replies 844
  • Likes 72

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Plug and Play literally means you can plug it in and play it. A flashcart is plug and play and does not tamper with the device at all. The SX is far from plug and play.

I agree that flash cart is plug and play, but then so is the SX Pro. The SX Pro doesn't tamper with your switch any more than a flashcart does.

You can use a flash cart and SX Pro to tamper with your OS if you want though, that is part of the "play"

Last edited by smf,

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Do you need to own a cart for this to work or will Free games on the Eshop also work?

I sold both my Mario and Zelda last week so now I am currently without any games lmao

CKE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it would be nice if someone would make a video on how to do this from start to finish.....spent 7 hours trying and not getting anywhere beyond the eMMC dump files....
Did you download the layeredfs system module that was in the last step? Respectfully it has been removed from the linked post, so if you haven't got that there is no point continuing.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you download the layeredfs system module that was in the last step? Respectfully it has been removed from the linked post, so if you haven't got that there is no point continuing.

I think I have it....I added it into my ini file on my SD card, etc....

thefunkygibbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
a few questions, hopefully they're not repeats:
1) if save works on a game, does it overwrite the game you are using to spoof? ie will i lose my SM Odyssey save if i use that?
2) is it one game per spoofed game? or if i want to have 2 games I have to essentially use 2 games (and lose the ability to play them too?)
3) does the spoofed game itself make any difference in terms of whether it works/saves work etc?

thanks

dave11674

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think i have it

but when i click on my donor game in the switch menu (bomberman R)
it just says insert cart !!!

any ideas guys
trying zelda

does this work best with a game from eshop ?

ps
just downloading fortnite and octopath from eshop#
i see lots of success with fortnite :)

Last edited by dave11674,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://twitter.com/naehrwert/status/1007720767679688704

See what you idiots have done? You all are too busy with piracy and didn't think of the results. Now we've lost a key Homebrew developer.

are people really bitching about this.....

What do most people who hack a console want out of it? Run Linux? Create custom programs? Maybe duplicate the OS for other platforms? Fuck no it's so people can play games without buying them. Why buy what you can get for free? Some people don't have morals! Do I like things that way? No of course not, but surely just telling your child they're misbehaving isn't sufficient for actually getting their behavior to change.

Hackers have been trying to develop console tools solely for the development of homebrew and yet it almost always leads to piracy. Not just because these hacks make it possible, but because that's what many actually want out of it. But if hackers are really going to get salty over people using their shit for pirated games (glad I don't have to euphemise the language here....right?), they seriously need to reevaluate the community they're releasing it to. If hackers really wanted to disallow piracy, they would develop everything in secret and never release anything: that way if someone wants to pirate games, they can figure it out themselves and so everything they get punished for falls on them.

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
a few questions, hopefully they're not repeats:
1) if save works on a game, does it overwrite the game you are using to spoof? ie will i lose my SM Odyssey save if i use that?
2) is it one game per spoofed game? or if i want to have 2 games I have to essentially use 2 games (and lose the ability to play them too?)
3) does the spoofed game itself make any difference in terms of whether it works/saves work etc?

thanks

1. It probably depends on the game, but when I used super Mario odyssey as the donor, it did not overwrite the save game. Perhaps the injected game attempted to read the Mario save and used a new save as it was not valid for the injected game.
2. Yes its one game per spoofed game. Secondly when rebooting back without the layerfs module you can run the donor game just fine. (The injected romfs/exefs does not overwrite the donor game and resides in the atmosphere/titles folder
3. Saves can work and some games do not work at all. There is a current compiled list from testers somewhere

Megam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
commented the link because i can't post them

See what you idiots have done? You all are too busy with piracy and didn't think of the results. Now we've lost a key Homebrew developer.
Dunno, it seems to me it was a bad move.
Most of the people here just want to get free games, they don't give a fuck about the scene, the developers, and so one. He should have known this from the start. I think it's a bit foolish to be "offended" by this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-