Question Switch 6.2 Update

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by MikeTheKnight2016, Nov 24, 2018.

1. MikeTheKnight2016
    OP

MikeTheKnight2016 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2016
    United States
    From the threads i've been reading it clearly states DO NOT update to this version. I''m okay with that, the only game I can't play now is the DLC for my BOTW game..boo!! However, it lead me to wonder...

HOW did N fix a "hardware" hack (The Tegra) hack with a software (release of 6.2) update?

2. lolcatzuru

lolcatzuru GBAtemp Fan

Apr 20, 2012
    United States
    They didn't. This may sound juvenile but this is the easiest way to explain what Nintendo did. Imagine to keep your keys on your nightstand, and then you find out that people have been taking your keys and using them to joyride in your car. So you move your keys to a new location that nobody can get too, that's basically what happened. Also 6.2 was cracked, so it's no longer an issue but I would hold off on updating until everyone updates their cfw

Saviouz and MikeTheKnight2016 like this.
  3. MikeTheKnight2016
    OP

Jul 26, 2016
    United States
    Awesome - thanks for the explanation! Needless to say my mind was blown when I thought it was the way described in my OP! LOL.

Saviouz likes this.
  4. shadoom

shadoom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Taiwan
    Botw has a new dlc?

5. MikeTheKnight2016
    OP

Jul 26, 2016
    United States
    Sorry new should not have been the word to use there, it was new to me. I think it was actually released December of 17 - I wanted to play the game through before adding in the DLC.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted