Hacking Switch 3.0.0 Samsung 256 Evo Sd Card

Amino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How to use my 256GB Sd Card on my Switch 3.0.0 without System Update ??
if only work 32Gb SDHC on Switch 3.0.0 thats not funny

Amino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i format to fat32 dont work system will update tu use sd card....i try this with 16gb sd card and it work

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch has to update to use a SDXC card. No formatting will change the fact that its a SDXC card :/ I had to reupdate my new switch to use mine :/

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same. I have a 256GB Evo that I got with my S7 Edge that I wanted to use. I also had to update, which is fine because I planned on doing that anyways.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i format to fat32 dont work system will update tu use sd card....i try this with 16gb sd card and it work
Then it's not formatted to FAT32.
Windows won't let you format to FAT32, you have to use a 3rd party tool like guiformat or minitool partition wizard.
The switch has to update to use a SDXC card. No formatting will change the fact that its a SDXC card :/ I had to reupdate my new switch to use mine :/
The Switch doesn't know the difference between SDHC and SDXC, it just needs an update to recognize ExFAT. Many people have formatted their cards to FAT32 and confirmed that it works without the update.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i would also like to use my mSD , i still have it in its box.
but guys isnt exFat the format the switch is actually using by default ?

if we were to format the mSD to exFat on our pc, will the switch not recognize it?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a good question. With the influx of Switch users, we've noticed a high count of people purchasing fake cards online.
I had a friend who brought me his 3ds to 'fix'. He bought a 128GB card from ebay. It died after writing about 2gb of data to it. Locked up the card and write protected it. Only use a name brand reseller or you will be toast.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to format it to FAT32 use something like Easeus, Windows explorer doesn't allow FAT32 formatting of cards that are above 32 GB.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if u are on Microzzoz, get any Disk format software and format ur SD in Fat32. In Linux, thing is even more simple.

Amino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Before people start discussing this in detail....
OP @Amino Did you buy it on Ebay?
No Bro,
Sc card is from Amazon...i format in fat32 with wizardfree and system will update the switch...i try later with another tool maybe it works...please tell me somebody that he use a big sdcard on Switch 3.0.0..If no sdcard bigger than 64gb work on Switch 3.0.0 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH thats Bad
That's a good question. With the influx of Switch users, we've noticed a high count of people purchasing fake cards online.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version do you have to be in to use SDXC cards?
hmm, the switch I got that was most likely updated to 4.1.0 via transfer when I had to send mine in asked to update to use my SDXC 256gb samsung evo. So I am not quite sure. I was going off the fact that if the switch did not have the update necessary for SDXC cards that formatting it most likely would not work... But if its just a exfat update then I would understand why it would work. Odd that mine said SDXC when I had to update it :wacko:
Then it's not formatted to FAT32.
Windows won't let you format to FAT32, you have to use a 3rd party tool like guiformat or minitool partition wizard.

The Switch doesn't know the difference between SDHC and SDXC, it just needs an update to recognize ExFAT. Many people have formatted their cards to FAT32 and confirmed that it works without the update.
It should know the difference lol I have mistaken. Mine asked to update for SDXC support thats why I said that.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would also like to use my mSD , i still have it in its box.
but guys isnt exFat the format the switch is actually using by default ?

if we were to format the mSD to exFat on our pc, will the switch not recognize it?
No, it requires an update to use exfat, which never installs with any firmware version. The system detects an exfat card and prompts for an update to install the necessary software to run exfat. If you never insert an exfat SD it will never download that update to use it.
The exfat update is an entirely separate update from standard firmware updates

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
No, it requires an update to use exfat, which never installs with any firmware version. The system detects an exfat card and prompts for an update to install the necessary software to run exfat. If you never insert an exfat SD it will never download that update to use it.
The exfat update is an entirely separate update from standard firmware updates

you think Fat32 will be okay for future usage ? (for most type of data) as it is limited to 4gb.

ootnes2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version do you have to be in to use SDXC cards?

Previously people have reported that you need to be on the latest firmware (or that opting to get the update for SDXC also updated switch to the latest firmware). Back when 2.0.0 was the latest version, the SDXC update could be downloaded for use on 2.0.0.

Amino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it workssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss use Wizard free and change to typ primary fat32.....yes Baby yes

Reactions: RichKK

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage like I said.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't...