Swine Flu

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently stuck at home with swine flu. Yah! Normally wouldn't be too bad to spending a week off work veging out. The only problem is I also have a stroppy unwell 5 year old at home with me who started the whole thing in the first place.

The boy is in day 4 and seems to be ok now, just grumpy. I am in day two with a temperature of 40c and felling rubbish. I don't really have the patients to be putting up with Juniors shit. Just to top things off, the Missus has now come down with it today as well. Also have a puppy who hasn’t been getting the attention he needs and is tearing the laundry to pieces.

So how’s your day going?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
images

MUST. KILL. ALL. PIGS. NAO.

flusflus89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swine Flu is f***ing gay!!! The evening news are drilling h1n1 terror in our heads to this day where I live. Who the hell came up with this sh*t anyway?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
flusflus89 said:
Swine Flu is f***ing gay!!! The evening news are drilling h1n1 terror in our heads to this day where I live. Who the hell came up with this sh*t anyway?

You know you can swear on here. But its frowned upon, and there is no need.

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
OH NOES! YOU HAS THE H1N1. YOU GOING TO DIE FAST!

lol, get better soon man!

What doesn't kill you only makes you............................................Oh! to hell with it, your right I'm screwed. LOL

To be truthfull though, I havn't been this crook since I was a young kid.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
40°? That's steep. Get well soon.

I had some sort of flu this last week. Nothing serious, had fever for a few days, spent them in bed (hugging my laptop). But they tell me the "regular" flu hasn't arrived yet, so if I was sick it was probably the swine one. Meh.

Yesterday I was attacked by a dog. It was kinda huge.

Today I ate mold. I was eating chips (a fresh... well, "fresh", bag) and found out too late that the inside of the bag was kinda... fuzzy. Fluffy, almost. There was none on the chips themselves (thank goodness for E473)... other than the stuff that got scraped off the bag. Screw you, Chio, screw you a lot
hate2.gif

There was no difference in taste though
unsure.gif

Let's all cheer up by making up funny names for the swine affliction, shall we? (The following list stolen shamelessly from Howard Tayler of Schlock Mercenary)

* Hamthrax
* Hogthrax
* Spamthrax
* Tuporkulosis
* Porklio
* Cowpox oh wait that’s real
* Hogmumps
* The Other Yellow Fever
* Pigfluenza
* Mad Sow Disease
* Sowbola
* Sowmonella
* Spammonella
* Bacon AIDS
* Bacon Fever
* Baconator oh wait that’s at Wendy’s
* Whooping Oink
* Oinking Pneumonia
* Buboinking Pork

And some end-of-the-world ones:

* The Aporkalypse
* Hognarok

And did you hear that there was an outbreak of swine flu at this year's Penny Arcade Expo? They call it the Nerd Flu now.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Swine flu's too overrated. It's just a new kind of flu. And all those people bitching about it being a pandemic are dumb fucks. That's the same as saying catching a cold is risking your life
sleep.gif
And there's apparently about 1,000 people who have actually died from having swine flu. Don't worry. Those are the people that were already weak. And the regular flu kills more.

Also, I think I've had the swine flu for a few days somewhere in October. It's nothing. Really.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Overlord Nadrian said:
And all those people bitching about it being a pandemic are dumb fucks.
Well actually, according to the definition of "pandemic", it is a pandemic. Technically.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Veho said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
And all those people bitching about it being a pandemic are dumb fucks.
Well actually, according to the definition of "pandemic", it is a pandemic. Technically.
I know, I know, but what I meant too say was: there's no point in calling the swine flu pandemic, because then you could also say the regular flu a pandemic.

And BTW Veho, did you really get attacked by one of those huge dogs? *shudders*

Burnedmagix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is wondering me.

What exactly is in a swine flu shot? I heard it's not a cure for swine flu, it's just a thing to build prepare your immune system or something

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Overlord Nadrian said:
you could also say the regular flu a pandemic.
The regular annual outbreak of flu is also a pandemic, but it's too ordinary to be news so media don't report it. "Influenza pandemic!... again." It's not sensational any more.

Anyone remember SARS? Whatever happened to that? Or the bird flu? It stopped being news, and as soon as the media stopped creating a big fuss over it everyone stopped panicking. Meh.
dry.gif

Overlord Nadrian said:
And BTW Veho, did you really get attacked by one of those huge dogs? *shudders*Yes. I was passing the dog and his owner on the street, and all of a sudden the dog lunged at me and bit my jacket sleeve (I moved my hand away in time). Fortunately the owner managed to yank him away when he let go to get a better bite.

I love dogs, especially big dogs, but I'm also afraid of dogs. This didn't really help matters
wacko.gif

QUOTE(Burnedmagix @ Nov 13 2009, 04:50 AM)
What exactly is in a swine flu shot? I heard it's not a cure for swine flu, it's just a thing to build prepare your immune system or something
There are no cures for viral infections, such as the flu. You can only cure symptoms and wait until the body cures itself of the virus. When the virus enters the body, the immune system identifies it as a foreign body and starts developing antibodies that fight it. Once the body's created antibodies and "knows" what to do with the virus in the future, you're relatively immune to further infections.

And that's how a flu shot works. It's a weakened culture of the influenza virus, that won't be enough to give you the flu, but will be enough for the body to "learn" what it looks like and develop a defense mechanism. If you get infected by the flu afterwards, the body is prepared and can defeat the virus before it spreads.

Mantis, how are you and your family holding up? Get well soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1