PS1/2 Swapmagic 3.6 PAL Help

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Help, I'm trying to get my Kingdom Hearts NTSC Backup working on my PAL SCPH-30003 PS2 Fat using Swapmagic 3.6 (I have CD and DVD versions)

I have tried the disk in both versions and have gotten the "Insert Playstation or Playstation 2 software" error after trying to boot it. I read that Kingdom Hearts needed extra swapping to work in Swapmagic so I also downloaded CDLoader, and couldn't get it to work, then I downloaded DVDLoader, and couldn't get it to work. Both gave an error in Swapmagic "Not PS2 format disk"

Can anyone give me a hand here or possibly help me softmod the beast? I have looked into FreeMCBoot but am confused by the whole process and how permanent it is.

cman1783

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FreeMCBoot is permanent. It puts files on your memory cards and autoboots whatever elf file you specify as boot.elf. uLaunchelf is the best boot elf since it's a menu that lets you launch whatever elf file you want. After you get the FreeMCBoot installed, you can use an elf called ESR, which lets you launch backup discs without swapping. You just need to patch the iso file with a program call ESR Patcher GUI 0.24a. Essentially, the program patches the iso as a DVD_Video disc so it tricks the Playstation in thinking it's an actual disc. Since you have swap magic disc already, there is a way to install it with that.
Here is what's called the "Noobie Package" Read the swap magic instructions and you should have no problems. You do need a thumb drive though.

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Thumb Drive which can be read (tried plugging it in to see if I could launch the installer.) Can you uninstall FreeMCBoot and to what is it installed? Is it the memory card?
Does the Noobie package have ESR in it?

Its my brother's PS2 and memory card so I'd rather get the disc running without softmodding and am really wondering why CD and DVD loader don't work on my PS2...

cman1783

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
I have a Thumb Drive which can be read (tried plugging it in to see if I could launch the installer.) Can you uninstall FreeMCBoot and to what is it installed? Is it the memory card?
Does the Noobie package have ESR in it?

Its my brother's PS2 and memory card so I'd rather get the disc running without softmodding and am really wondering why CD and DVD loader don't work on my PS2...

Yes, it can be uninstalled if need be. Yes, ESR is in the package I linked you to. It is installed to a memory card.

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have about 2.5mb free (after deleting a load of crap from when I was young, Sonic Collections are very wasteful of space) And can you not run the programs off a USB stick and just have the exploit on the memory card?

Edit: Not enough space for FreeMCBoot, requires 3.5mb of space. Can't free anymore without asking my bro what I can delete.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That should be possible. Why does your Free McBoot install take that much space? Mine is about 2 MB. And yes you can set it to boot .elf files from usb storage, so you can create a menu option for ESR that looks for the .elf on usb storage. Check the Free McBoot install folder, everything else than boot.elf should be optional. Oh and you should be able to boot uLaunchELF via Swap Magic to backup your savegames in case something goes wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: