SwapMagic 2.0 Free McBoot problems

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by MrDiesel, Aug 18, 2011.

Aug 18, 2011
  1. MrDiesel
    OP

Member MrDiesel GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    Hi all,

I really would like to be able to install Free McBoot on my v7 PS2, but I'm having problems.

So I have SwapMagic CD version 3.0 and SwapMagic DVD version 2.0. Obviously these old versions can't boot from USB (unfortunately), so I've been searching for other methods.

My first thought was to download SwapMagic 3.6 (DVD or CD) and boot this with SwapMagic DVD 2.0 or CD 3.0, but none worked.
    Then I thought to boot a Free McBoot install CD with SwapMagic, but it wouldn't boot.
    Then I tried launching these Free McBoot install DVD/CDs with CogSwapLoader DVD (booted fine with SwapMagic DVD), but it would just get stuck at "Use CogSwap".
    Then I thought of launching uLaunchELF DVD with CogSwapLoader DVD, but it would just give me a black screen.

I just wasted my last DVD and I'm desperately searching for a solution, so I hope you guys can help me.

Thank you

2. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Do you plan to play ESR patched discs? If yes, create one ESR patched disc and check it in the browser. It has to be identifed as video dvd, if it does not, your burns are all horrible and/or your laser is too weak to read DVD-Rs. And said disc would have to work with cogswap too, maybe with Swap Magic as well, but i only know personally that ESR discs work with cogswap.

If you use DVD+Rs, then bitsetting them to DVD-Rs might help, but i'd expect that to be the issue with V3s and older.

4. MrDiesel
    OP

Member MrDiesel GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    The FMCB CD didn't work, but I found a FMCB DVD somewhere (and it appeared to be ESR patched), and it booted perfectly with SwapMagic. It booted LaunchELF, so I could install FMCB. I was indeed using DVD+R. Maybe this was the problem, I'm glad the FMCB DVD worked anyway.

It's solved, thank you for the help [​IMG]