Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
@costas94 I haven't really used 10.42b, I'll test later, maybe meladroit messed up the commit?
EDIT: It works fine for me, does it happen with any other games? And yes, it is supposed to work with digital games too.

Also, would you be interested in confirming if MH4U uses secure value or no? It should be only a couple tests and we can finally clear that matter.

so i was trying to backup my save of resident evil revelations (digital) and svdt wouldn't really start. i got the somewhat glitchy topscreen like normal but then it got stuck on a mostly black topscreen with only the wifi light blinking.
is that game a problem case or are digital games just not meant for this?
There are some problematic games, RE Mercenaries is known to have problems. Does it work with save manager?

Last edited by suloku,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@costas94

There are some problematic games, RE Mercenaries is known to have problems. Does it work with save manager?

i dont know, i've only been using this so far.
it did create a folder (only a date folder though, not one with the games name) and apparently copied some data to the sd (000.dat and 001.dat) so maybe it worked after all. not really too keen about trying to write the files back though

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@costas94 I haven't really used 10.42b, I'll test later, maybe meladroit messed up the commit?
EDIT: It works fine for me, does it happen with any other games? And yes, it is supposed to work with digital games too.

For me, it works fine when launching it normally but crashes on the gllitchy screen whenever I try to boot it while holding R.

costas94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tajikistan

Also, would you be interested in confirming if MH4U uses secure value or no? It should be only a couple tests and we can finally clear that matter.

I just tested Pokemon Y and Pokemon AS (both cartridges) and they worked correctly. Also, yes, I'm interested in helping you find out if MH4U is using a secure value.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont know, i've only been using this so far.
it did create a folder (only a date folder though, not one with the games name) and apparently copied some data to the sd (000.dat and 001.dat) so maybe it worked after all. not really too keen about trying to write the files back though
Yes, then emergency mode worked, there's no title because svdt doesn't know the title it is running under when using emergency mode. I'll look into changing that, since we are able to do it now.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mmmm, do you have the svdt_inject folder?
With what game does that happen?
It does work fine for me.

I do have an svdt_inject folder, and it usually contains a savedata.bin file, as I mainly use it to inject Shuffle saves quickly. Holding R or L+R makes the app crash but L doesn't.

I replaced my "savedata.bin" file with a "main" file and launched it under my OR title but nothing changes.

I'm using the latest version of your HBL mod on a 10.1.0 n3DS, I'll try if it happens with other titles or HBL.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@supercarotte I did try myself with your same config and game, only difference was using 9.9 firmware and it worked fine

Well, there must be a difference somewhere if I experience crashes when you don't ^^ Btw I also tried the BlargSnes fix (launching an app before entering ThemeHax) and accessing HBL through IronHax, both with the same result. Maybe FTBrony didn't copy the files properly, I'll try redownloading both HBL and svdt too.

Edit : It works fine through IronHax, I guess I launched ThemeHax by reflex while thinking I was lauching IronHax instead.

This doesn't bother me too much anyway, as i can still import/export saves fine with only a few more inputs. At least it doesn't corrupt anything =)

Last edited by supercarotte,

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Edit : It works fine through IronHax, I guess I launched ThemeHax by reflex while thinking I was lauching IronHax instead.

Themehax works fine for me too :S. Maybe you have an old version of themehax? Try reinstalling it and make sure it downloads the payload, so you get the most updated one.

EDIT: reinstall using latest github release

Last edited by suloku,

ringo1206

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way this can be fixed for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates To Infinity? SVDT is alot more convenient then the first save manager.

Shadowxp13

*don't have anything to put here*
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I cant use SVDT With Smash version 1.1.1.
The gui don't boot up and i can't import/export the saves.
I'm using the Latest Svdt.
But on an old Smash update and an old SVDT it worked.
Using a O3DS 10.1 (Latest Firmware) IronHax and Mashers HBL Mod beta 34.
I'll try again some times and post the result here.
Sorry for bad english...

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I cant use SVDT With Smash version 1.1.1.
The gui don't boot up and i can't import/export the saves.
I'm using the Latest Svdt.
But on an old Smash update and an old SVDT it worked.
Using a O3DS 10.1 (Latest Firmware) IronHax and Mashers HBL Mod beta 34.
I'll try again some times and post the result here.
Sorry for bad english...
Use emergency mode! It never worked on O3DS.

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't be able to use svdt with the full UI on o3DS and MH4U, the only thing you can do is use is in the same way as savemanager. If you have digital copy of MH4U, svdt should auto-patch the secure value, it's the only difference.
Another difference is that backups are made in separate folders with timestamp, which is better than savemanager.

Injection uses /svdt_inject folder in the root of the sdcard, and works in the same way as save manager.

What's a good way to make that non-empty file? Just create a text file with some stuff in it and the proper filename?

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
What's a good way to make that non-empty file? Just create a text file with some stuff in it and the proper filename?
Yup, a single letter will do.

EDIT: Make sure you can see file extensions to remove it, or use CTRXplorer in 3ds to remove the file extension.

Last edited by suloku,
Reactions: Ailuros27

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Are we sure MH4U even uses secure values because i just restored a weeks-old save to a completely different N3DS AND changed the slot the save is in (renamed user2 to user1) and it loads completely fine.
Are you sure you comfirmed to work?
I read sime article for these saves but that need convert the file.

how about the guild quest?

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
OK, I just installed svdt in my 2ds. Only question now is, how do I delete my Rumble World save file without deleting the Rumble World app & redownloading it again.
Any tutorials in how to delete save files using svdt?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to