Suspicious login attempts begin to plague Switch owners, Nintendo to investigate

EVMGrbqUYAAz7Ax.jpg

There's something concerning going on, as Nintendo Switch owners are reporting that they're seeing suspicious attempted log-ins for their account. Many users are sharing that they've either received emails from Nintendo with notices of log-ins from new devices, or even some that say their saved payment information was used to purchase V-bucks in Fortnite without their authorization. While Nintendo hasn't confirmed or denied as to whether or not there was a data breach or if there's a problem unfolding, it would be wise to make sure your account is secured. You can do so by resetting your password, checking out if there's been an unauthorized log-in attempt by looking at your history, removing your linked PayPal or Credit Card accounts, or turning 2-Step Verification on for your Switch account, which Nintendo themselves recommended just last week.

Nintendo is now aware of the problem and is "investigating the situation". They again recommend that users turn on 2FA.

EDIT: One of our users is conducting a poll to see who has been affected. You can fill it out here.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm fairly confident I have a secure password, but I removed all payment options from my account. Kinda rubbish for a company like Nintendo not to have baked in 2-step verification.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly confident I have a secure password, but I removed all payment options from my account. Kinda rubbish for a company like Nintendo not to have baked in 2-step verification.
You’d be surprised how easy bypassing 2 step can be. All of my email account have 2 step that has to go through my phone number and a code. Who ever got in there spoofed my phone number

Reactions: Payne

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Some Youtobers reported this almost week ago, for example Youtuber Madlittlepixel reported that some guys from India bought some crap for Fortnite using his PayPal money.

Reactions: Megadriver94

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
You’d be surprised how easy bypassing 2 step can be. All of my email account have 2 step that has to go through my phone number and a code. Who ever got in there spoofed my phone number

My concern with app based authentication though is if something happens to my phone.

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Same problem, I tought it was related with the https://monitor.firefox.com/breach-details/Aptoide hacks, since this account have the same password as my nintendo account (yes, I know, my other services are different tho).
The strange part is that I keep getting logins even after changing my password on Nintendo like two times (yes, I disconnected the hackers). I know I did got hacked from my pc because I daily drive Linux. Pretty strange stuff, thanks god I actually don't use my account, got it deleted.

Be safe pimps, if you got loggins in your account as have a card there, block the card because it's already mined and it'll soon be sold!

Last edited by evertonstz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...