Gaming Surround Sound for Psone Classics

andy26129

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do psone classics offer 5.1 Dolby Digital sound or just plain stereo 2.1? Been wanting to buy Final Fantasy V-IX since they are on special right now.

Anybody have a clue?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, PSOne era was before the hardware had enough to output in 5.1 in the first place. There was no edition of PS1 that ever output in more than stereo.

So I think that's your answer. They'll certainly sound great in a surround sound system, but it'll more than likely be a stereo source.

andy26129

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, PSOne era was before the hardware had enough to output in 5.1 in the first place. There was no edition of PS1 that ever output in more than stereo.

So I think that's your answer. They'll certainly sound great in a surround sound system, but it'll more than likely be a stereo source.
Before you guys posted I decided to risk it and bought FF VII, boy was I impressed. Not true surround but was able to convery 2.1 Stereo into 5.1 Dolby Pro-Logic II, that intro sounded amazing. Thanks to your post ill go ahead and buy all the avaliable FF since their on Special. So thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China