Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This wiill not take over a minute.

Here install data forever!

rxTools will now install data in your SD card at his first boot, then it will not do it again, if not in the next build/release.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
That's odd. Because I used the new CDN tool to download a new firmlaunch file and my version of rxTools booted fine. Though I did recompile source to load firmwareRX.bin instead as the new file would conflict with CakesFW which is another CFW that also loads firmware.bin. CakesFW would likely stop working if I allowed it to load the new firmware.bin that rxTools generated. (also did other things like load a custom splash logo to the bottom screen. But rxTools doesn't setup the screen offsets correctly, so it breaks Ninjhax/MSET. I boot it from Spider though, so it's a non issue. Roxas, I would recommend you work on redoing the screen buffers/offsets. perhaps look at how CakesFW does it. They actually have things being drawn to bottom screen and it doesn't appear to break things. ;) )

Either way it works for me at the moment. TWL works from emunand too but only if the game is also installed to sysnand. I'm assuming AGB fully works now though and you can run games from emunand without having to also install them to sysnand. (Now if TWL could get it's sig checks patched out too we can do some more interesting things with TWL. ;) )

AGB seems fully working now. TWL just needs it's own emunand patch and it will work from emunand properly too. I'm guessing you managed to get AGB/TWL working without killing the reboot patches for Smash support? That's awesome. :P

Gateway better step up their game. They are increasingly becoming irrelevant compared to the CFW that is moving at break neck speeds. :P

Reactions: SektorZero

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to open friends list app on emunand? Mine seems to crash everytime.

You may have to reset the system save data for the friends applet/module. Refer to 3DBrew for the location on NAND. You'll need to generate xorpads and decrypt your fat16 partition of your emunand so that you can manually delete the save for it. You can also do a system format of emunand. That would also fix it. It all depends on how bad you want it fixed I guess. :P

Do it the hard way if you want to preserve your friendcode and other things, or if you don't care, you can just system format. :P

Are you sure? I unlinked my NANDs but the GBA games didn't work. When I re-linked my NANDs, the games worked again

Do you still have prepatched AGB firm installed on emunand from when you were using other CFW to launch your GBA games? It might be interfering with rxTools. Which reminds me, I need to restore my AGB firm to it's original state now. TWL on emunand is downgraded though (I also version spoofed it doing that wouldn't cause update prompts). I recall doing that for DS flashcart compatiblity. Not sure what impact that has on rxTools TWL compatiblity. But despite that TWL games do boot from emunand. (DSiWare of coarse still requires a copy be present on sysnand)

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
It means that AGB didn't correctly got generated.
So you have full rxMode and rxTools features, but not AGB.
At this rate you can play, in the meanwhile i'm studying a solution.
Just tried it using the new dat and new firmware.bin, produced 4 dots, then X, then continued to say done.

As far as I can tell from all the post, its related to AGB_FIRM

AGB_FIRM patch installed = rxTools install success
AGB_FIRM patch not installed = rxTools install fail

Reactions: Syphurith

TheDamnedKirai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I made some changes.
Re-download version 2.6 and firmware.bin from the python script. It now should at least boot, and if something goes wrong while installing a 'x' will be printed instead of the dot in the bar.
If this is your case, you'll probably will have problems with agb and twl.

We can launch the installation again at a later date to fix the AGB stuff right?

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just tried it using the new dat and new firmware.bin, produced 4 dots, then X, then continued to say done.

As far as I can tell from all the post, its related to AGB_FIRM

AGB_FIRM patch installed = rxTools install success
AGB_FIRM patch not installed = rxTools install fail
Yeah, indeed.
Actually the presence of that mod altered the ticket key of AGB_FIRM, making it not working for someone. That's my hipotesis.
I probably have a solution for this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We can launch the installation again at a later date to fix the AGB stuff right?
Yeah.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be an issue with the cdn_firm python script. I tried the latest revision and it downloads a firmware.bin that is only 3 or so MB compared to the 5MB file a previous revision downloaded. The 5MB one worked while the new one doesn't.

EDIT: Ok even using the 5mb file I had made earlier doesn't work on the latest revision of rxTools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course