Supercart Help.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Hutchinson, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Hutchinson
    OP

Hutchinson Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    Alright gents, need some help here. I HAD a DSi and was running the most current firmware for my Supercard DSTWO, no problems. Recently traded in for a 3DS and downloaded the latest patch for the 3DS and it still won't work with my cart. Is there something I'm doing wrong? (Note: I did read somewhere about some kind of system update in which I did partake with my 3DS, but still the same results.)

2. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Can you remember what firmware version you upgraded to ??

- the latest is 1.09 & IIRC there was a problem with some DSTwo/3DS when using the 1.08 Firmware update
    Also IIRC you must have the latest EOS (v1.11) with the latest firmware (v1.09)

3. Hutchinson
    OP

Hutchinson Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    It was Version 1.09, but I'm going to give it a second shot.

4. Hutchinson
    OP

Hutchinson Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    And I'm still getting the same issue. But I read the readme on the 3DS firmware and it says I need to insert it into a DS or DSi and upgrade it. Is this needed?

5. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    'Fraid so - the update doesn't work on a 3DS AFAIK - although you could look in the Supercard Forums to see if anyone else has asked about if 3DS updating

I'm in work & they've block that site so I can't check for you, but I'm sure (well ~50% sure) there was a post about 'problems with updating firmware & possible solution(s)' there

6. Kuschel-Drow

Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Duisburg
    Yep... You should have updated it BEFORE trading in your DSi...
    Now you will have to lend one... ^^"

You need to put the update on the root of your sd card, and then put your SCDS2 into a DS, DSL, DSi or DSi XL, and start. The software will update itself, after that it will work on your 3DS.

7. Etkar.H

Etkar.H GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2009
    Norway
    Earth
    Just borrow a friend's DSi/Lite and update.