Hacking Supercard's file listing order

ron555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Man, I've run out of ideas!

I want to list the files in the Supercard SD alphabetically. How the devil do I do this?

I've tried filetweak to change the last modified date, FatSort (which seems to do nothing!).

Help!

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kennyboy can you provide a link to FATsort? The download I have found
has no executable, & I’m not sure what to do with the files they provide.

ron555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
fatsort does the job. run it, select the drive (this may take a while) then click the big button. Voila!

I ran it.
I selected the drive (what takes a while? it clicked instantaneously for me)
I clicked both alphabetically
I clicked the button that said 'start' (there's no 'big button')

Nothing happened. Supercard still boots the same way.

CatScam,

FatSort is here:
http://hem.passagen.se/chsw/FATSort.html

DL the 1.04 beta

Jesper64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This worked for me but not sure if it's just a fluke and basically it involves copying over all your files then copying them back which could take a while.

-Cut (not copy) all the files over to a temp directory on your PC
-Using Windows Explorer select the last file (this is important else it will copy the last file first).
-Then Shift+Click the first file
-Copy and paste to the SD card

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a weird situation , I have one memory card I use with Supercard that will only show the files in the Supercard menu in alphabetical order (Kingston Ultra something or other), and another one that will always show the last rom I add at the bottom.

To be honest it never bothered me, in fact the latest file added being at the bottom of the list makes it very easy to find.

noctrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That's not weird, its just that the Supercard firmware does not sort the directory contents by name, but by date, so they are appearing to be messed up. Don't know why they STILL haven't fixed this very simple sorting issue...Maybe we all should point it out to the Supercard developers, so that in the future maybe we could have a new firmware update with no sorting probs....anyway!
This is what I do which is extremly fast & simple:
on your SD card just create a dummy folder, named anything u like (i name mine just plain '0').
Cut all the files, and Paste them into the folder.
And again Cut all the files from the dummy folder into where they where (usually the parent folder).
Delete the empty dummy folder.
You're done!
grog.gif

If you have subfolders on your card, u must do it for every subfolder.

Pochi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
noctrex > It's not that simple about the sort thing...
The FAT System of an SD Card is a simple FIFO (First In First Out) system.
the first file you put on your sd card is the first to appear, but it has not necessarily something to do with the date of the file.
Just try to put an older file on your SD card after your new rom and you'll see it come after the later.

I don't think they could put a real sorting program directly on the SC, cause it may involve some "advanced" memory management that the SC hardware is unable of handle.

However... they could get round the problem by just displaying the game in the right order, without having it really sorted though...

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
moonshell will sort the files properly (alphabetically) even when the supercard menu doesn't, so it's purely a programming issue with the supercard firmware that could be fixed...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0