Supercard SD GBA-SP Issues

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by lemoncurdstevey, Apr 23, 2009.

Apr 23, 2009
  1. lemoncurdstevey
    OP

Newcomer lemoncurdstevey Newbie

United Kingdom
    hey guys.

firstly. apologies if this issue is covered but i cannot find anything obvious........

i have a supercard sd card slot 2 gba cart and all was working well until one of the games i was playing froze all of a sudden. i switched off the gba and back on and i got the message: -

not find the sd
    please turn off GBA

so i assumed my sd card was corrupted. checked it on my pc and it was fine. i backed up everything and formatted the sd card in FAT at the default allocation size and tried it all over again. same error as above. same error with 3 x sd cards that i tried. i even had a bash with a couple of old old mmc cards that apparently are compatible with supercard. all the same.....

anyways i accessed the test mode and went through each aspect and got the following: -

test SRAM
    SRAM ok!

test SDRAM
    SDRAM ok!

test flash
    flash id ok!
    flash ok!

test sd/mmc
    SD/MMC error
    error code 03

now sc version:1.85

i get the same error message/number in test mode for every card i stick in the thing...................

i've obviously broken the supercard right?

i have searched long and hard on the internet and google deffo is NOT my friend! nothing even remotely close to the problem i'm suffering with.

are there any ways of resetting the supercard back to defaults or factory settings? is there even the remotest thing that i can do beside throwing it in the trash!!!!!?????!! any recovery software?

just out of interest. what is the default allocation size for formatting the sd for supercard use??? i just use the 'default allocation size' in FAT.

once again many thanks for helping! appreciate all help!!

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Software won't help if the problem is a broken SD slot on the Supercard, which is what this sounds like. You can try sticking a bit of folded paper in between the SD card and the slot so that the pins touch closer together, but if that doesn't help then I have no suggestions.

3. lemoncurdstevey
    OP

Newcomer lemoncurdstevey Newbie

United Kingdom
    hey bro...
    appreciate the response...

i find it strangely ironic that i have used the supercard a combined total of six sessions. i never take my gba sp out of the house and always really careful with the sd insertion etc......

my good friend has the same model and totally batters it around and throws it in his bag and generally treats it like rubbish.... he has recently skinned his supercard gui and is basically showing off now!!! lol......

i was enjoying kirby, nightmare in dream land when it happened! aghhh!

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    If he's skinned his GUI, then he's got a really really old firmware version (1.63). Now granted, after 1.63 the firmware updates do absolutely nothing for GBA support, but if he ever wants to use it for DS games he'll want to upgrade the firmware.

Where did you buy your Supercard? Did you buy it recently enough that you can contact the store for a replacement? I know DealExtreme is usually pretty good about replacing faulty units, for instance.

5. acesniper

Member acesniper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    bump, i just got the same exact problem. [​IMG]