Hacking Supercard DSTwo or Acekard 2i?

dbzgotenks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in need of a new flashcart (had an Acekard 2i that I gave to my cousin in Mexico). I'm interested in the DSTwo since it can play GBA on the 3DS (I'm assuming they work on the 3DS), but they seem a little expensive. On the other hand, as nice as playing GBA games would be, it's not necessary for me, so an Acekard would be good enough. So I decided I'd get a Supercard only if I can find a cheap one ($35 max). Anyone know where I can find cheap carts of either (preferably with free shipping)?

Also I don't need more Micro SD cards, just the flashcart. Thanks in advance.

Woodhouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i think you can find a few stores to sell supercard in less than 35USD http://www.digitopz.com/supercard-dstwo-fo...l-dsi-p-37.html here is the one i bought from....freeshipping ,,,,,but a little more than 35USD, by the way, you also can check out the shoptemp, there are some other sites also...complare them and find a best for you.

PS: ak2i is great too,if you dont want to spend too much on DStwo , then choose a acekard !

dbzgotenks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woodhouse said:
Well, i think you can find a few stores to sell supercard in less than 35USD http://www.digitopz.com/supercard-dstwo-fo...l-dsi-p-37.html here is the one i bought from....freeshipping ,,,,,but a little more than 35USD, by the way, you also can check out the shoptemp, there are some other sites also...complare them and find a best for you.

PS: ak2i is great too,if you dont want to spend too much on DStwo , then choose a acekard !
I'll check it out, thanks.

QUOTE(Tai Le Ree @ Jul 6 2011, 07:08 PM) http://shoptemp.net/products/Supercard-DSTWO.html

It would have been easier if you told me what region you were in so I could pick one from this list.
Sorry, I'm in the US. I looked in the shoptemp, but none said anything about being 3DS compatible, and since I don't have another DS, I was worried they wouldn't work on the newest firmware.

And to the first poster, thanks but I think those are only for China.

nikkuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Is $35 really all that expensive?

Anyway, I hear tell of the Supercard using more battery power, which is pretty undesirable if you're using a 3DS. I personally chose an acekard for various reasons:

1) I've had sketchy experience with Supercards in the past: games not running at full speed, spotty compatibility, etc...

2) I don't care about the extra features.

3) When the 3DS gets hacked someone will make a GBA emulator.

dbzgotenks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikkuchan said:
Is $35 really all that expensive?

Anyway, I hear tell of the Supercard using more battery power, which is pretty undesirable if you're using a 3DS. I personally chose an acekard for various reasons:

1) I've had sketchy experience with Supercards in the past: games not running at full speed, spotty compatibility, etc...

2) I don't care about the extra features.

3) When the 3DS gets hacked someone will make a GBA emulator.
That last point had never crossed my mind. That there's a good point. I don't mind the low battery life much. Yeah, I think I'll stick to Acekards. Thanks, Nikku.

Decooter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play GBA games on your 3DS it's a really horrible idea to 'wait for them to create a GBA emulator' for 3DS. We do not know when, if ever, the 3DS will be hacked and even once it is, it could take years for someone to code a GBA emulator for it. AND EVEN THEN, the emulator would most likely suffer from compatibility issues and would require additional patches to get it up to speed.

If you want to play GBA games on your 3DS anytime within the next few years, it's extremely smart to get a flashcard that works in the 3DS with an emulator, which would be the Supercard DStwo

I dont know what the heck the other person was talking about but the SCDS2 has perfect compatibility with every NDS rom out there, and gets updates faster than Acekard, as well as (slightly) more protection against future firmware updates sent out by nintendo due to the way Supercard tricks the 2 AP checks the 3DS performs.

SCDS2 also does not drain the battery life any more than acekard does while running NDS games, it only uses more battery when using functions like GBA and SNES emulator, which acekards cannot do anyway. And even then, it's really not too bad at all.

Bottom line is, the Supercard DSTWO is every bit as good as the acekard, and in a lot of ways better. The only thing acekard has going for it is super low prices.

If you want GBA games on the 3DS anytime soon you really should get a Supercard. If you only want to play NDS i would easily recommend Acekard 2i since it's about 1/2 the price.

nikkuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Decooter said:
I dont know what the heck the other person was talking about but the SCDS2 has perfect compatibility with every NDS rom out there, and gets updates faster than Acekard, as well as (slightly) more protection against future firmware updates sent out by nintendo due to the way Supercard tricks the 2 AP checks the 3DS performs.

I was talking about older super card products. I've used a number of supercard products in the past and have always had some problem or another, so I kinda shied away from them.

Decooter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikkuchan said:
Decooter said:

I was talking about older super card products. I've used a number of supercard products in the past and have always had some problem or another, so I kinda shied away from them.

Fair enough, but you should know that Supercard DSTWO is top quality nowadays

Game2590

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would recommend the DSTwo over the acekard 2i, i have both and although they are both great cards the DSTwo has alot of great features such as real time saves and cheats and the emulators are a great bonus, also the card is updated much quicker, my fiancee also has an acekard 2i and she is currently waiting for a fix for 1.4.3 dsi just so she can get back on the store while the DSTwo has already been updated.

One thing that did concern me was you said you don't have another ds which means that any card you get would need to be flashed with the newest firmware already by the shop otherwise you won't be able to use it at all, Even though the shop says 3ds compatible i would check to make sure they actually flash the firmware on that is required to work on the newest firmware, the DSTwo does work on the newest 3ds firmware but i had to update it on my ds lite to do so.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I debated this for a while myself, since I have long been a happy AKAIO user. But I ultimately went with the SCDS2 for the GBA support and the greatly improved SNES support. I haven't been disappointed so far, it was worth the extra 15$. BAGPlug is nice too, I like seeing the covers for stuff and being able to launch say, an NES game directly.

kotaro_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dbzgotenks said:
I'm in need of a new flashcart (had an Acekard 2i that I gave to my cousin in Mexico). I'm interested in the DSTwo since it can play GBA on the 3DS (I'm assuming they work on the 3DS), but they seem a little expensive. On the other hand, as nice as playing GBA games would be, it's not necessary for me, so an Acekard would be good enough. So I decided I'd get a Supercard only if I can find a cheap one ($35 max). Anyone know where I can find cheap carts of either (preferably with free shipping)?

Also I don't need more Micro SD cards, just the flashcart. Thanks in advance.

Get a SupecardTWO you can update it throught 3DS and don't need a regular DS/DSL/DSi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night