Hacking Supercard dies in a day!

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eh? I'm pretty sure it would be shipped as a single package and you'll be charged postage for only 1 item. I through the order process myself before just to check postage and it's $12AUD for the 1 item. I think you're thinking of the combo sets they sell which are actually just a group of separate items anyway, hence why they charge the extra postage.
Really? I thought that since there was 5 items in the description you have to pay shipping for the 5 items, is there something i didnt know? Or do you not have to pay for all 5 items, as shipping for 1 item is $12. Im confused.
unsure.gif

akura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Really? I thought that since there was 5 items in the description you have to pay shipping for the 5 items, is there something i didnt know? Or do you not have to pay for all 5 items, as shipping for 1 item is $12. Im confused.
unsure.gif

Nah, pretty sure the 5 items are all part of the single R4DS/M3 Simply package, so it is counted as a single item for shipping. At least thats what it showed me when I made an order for it to check the shipping.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nah, pretty sure the 5 items are all part of the single R4DS/M3 Simply package, so it is counted as a single item for shipping. At least thats what it showed me when I made an order for it to check the shipping.
Sweet, well if my supercard is busted i might get one of them, but i dont know which is better.

Also i went out and bought this little 5 in 1 usb card reader, that say it supports TF, and micro-sd cards with an adapter.
But when i put my sd in its adapter into the card reader, it comes up saying, please insert a disk into the drive, i believe that my sd card is faulty, or something, so on sunday ill buy another one. It kinda annoys me as ive tried 2 card readers, and the one that i bought seems to work as its detected by windows. It seems like a waste of $40 since i bought it on ebay, and didnt get the retail packaging just the adapter, sd card in the protective casing. Now i gotta buy another one, and i can get it for $60 at the market which is the cheapest ive seen.

I dont have another normal sd card to test whether the drive is faulty or not but it shouldnt be right?

Propionation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sweet, well if my supercard is busted i might get one of them, but i dont know which is better.

Also i went out and bought this little 5 in 1 usb card reader, that say it supports TF, and micro-sd cards with an adapter.
But when i put my sd in its adapter into the card reader, it comes up saying, please insert a disk into the drive, i believe that my sd card is faulty, or something, so on sunday ill buy another one. It kinda annoys me as ive tried 2 card readers, and the one that i bought seems to work as its detected by windows. It seems like a waste of $40 since i bought it on ebay, and didnt get the retail packaging just the adapter, sd card in the protective casing. Now i gotta buy another one, and i can get it for $60 at the market which is the cheapest ive seen.

I dont have another normal sd card to test whether the drive is faulty or not but it shouldnt be right?
First of all why are the USB SD readers costing so much. $60!!! I could buy another flashcard for that price. Go to a local retail store and buy a SD reader for around $10. Even those 5 in 1 card readers should be around $20 at most and that is already incredibly expensive. I got my 12 in 1 card reader for $0 on the day after Christmas sale at Frys (US west coast equivalent of a store like Best Buy except it also sells household appliances.) after a $10 rebate. Oh and it is USB 2.0

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First of all why are the USB SD readers costing so much. $60!!! I could buy another flashcard for that price. Go to a local retail store and buy a SD reader for around $10. Even those 5 in 1 card readers should be around $20 at most and that is already incredibly expensive. I got my 12 in 1 card reader for $0 on the day after Christmas sale at Frys (US west coast equivalent of a store like Best Buy except it also sells household appliances.) after a $10 rebate. Oh and it is USB 2.0

I think you miss understood my post, sure i was talking about card readers previously, but later went to talk about sd cards and how much it cost me, so no i was not talking about card readers, you might not have read it carefully enough. If it was going to cost around $40, or $60 then im sure no one would buy one.

akura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow. Bamboogaming just got back to my email and have agreed to give me an exchange for either an M3 Simply or R4DS! I'm very pleased with their service and know where I'll be shopping and recommending friends in future!

Now the tough question is R4 or M3?!

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Bamboogaming just got back to my email and have agreed to give me an exchange for either an M3 Simply or R4DS! I'm very pleased with their service and know where I'll be shopping and recommending friends in future!

Now the tough question is R4 or M3?!

There's pretty much the same right down to the hardware, so just flip a coin

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Incase anyone missed my post in another thread, my Supercard DS (One) is also finding ways to crash about 10 minutes into a game. The interface is so awesome, the image viewer works very well, I haven't tried movies yet. The games all work extremely well but for only 10 minutes. This is all on the V1.0 OS. I will try V1.1 tonight. I am using a kingston microsd card. From the sounds of things, I should be considering a return for an R4 but I'll make sure I try everything possible to get this supercard to work. Just thought I'd share my dissapointment as there obviously a lot of people struggling with this card. As for those who say all their games work fine, have you played them for more than 10 minutes?

gwyddgrug

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I bought two SCDS 'packages' that included two Kingston (chinese/taiwan) 1GB microSD cards. Same problems you've mentioned. Sometimes one SCDS would work and the other would't so I thought one was faulty, but later on the other one wouldn't work either. Speed auto-detect on version 1.1 mentioned the cards were too slow and the SCDS wouldn't be able to use it.

Heard the Sandisk cards were worse but I still got a plain 1GB Sandisk microSD (made in Taiwan). Went through auto-detect; detects a 5 and saves the result. Nice. Haven't played much, but it lets me boot everytime, and all the games I've tried boot normally.

It seems the problem were the supposedly 'Kingston' microSDs...

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats a pity to hear but, did you try a self test to see if the supercards are faulty aswell? There is another topic about this and one user states that a bad psram means a faulty supercard, so all you people with crashes try that.

akura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought two SCDS 'packages' that included two Kingston (chinese/taiwan) 1GB microSD cards. Same problems you've mentioned. Sometimes one SCDS would work and the other would't so I thought one was faulty, but later on the other one wouldn't work either. Speed auto-detect on version 1.1 mentioned the cards were too slow and the SCDS wouldn't be able to use it.

Heard the Sandisk cards were worse but I still got a plain 1GB Sandisk microSD (made in Taiwan). Went through auto-detect; detects a 5 and saves the result. Nice. Haven't played much, but it lets me boot everytime, and all the games I've tried boot normally.

It seems the problem were the supposedly 'Kingston' microSDs...

Hm that's pretty interesting. Sadly I wasn't able to test it out since I didn't have a an alternative microSD card to test with (well I wasn't able to get one until after I sent it back for replacement). Although under the 1.1 OS my card got detected as 30 so in that respect it was working. Also, the card I have, a Kingston 1G Japan seems to be faring well for other people who are having some success with their SCDS's as well!

Either way, I think I was just unlucky with the SCDS. No worries though, replacement is on the way!

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
What you're suppose to get are Kingston ones made in Japan.

Those have had no problem in my SC-DS/EZ5 + any other flash cart I've ever owned.

My friend is an official dealer for Supercard (COMPC.CA) and we talk often about the DS and stuff, and even he has recommended Kingstons made in Japan. All the Sandisk ones he has tried has not work, (but he gets them OEM from wholesalers) so he only stocks Kingstons now.

If you guys want, I'll take a picture of my Kingston after.

gwyddgrug

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I spoke too soon... Sandisk is also refusing to work properly now, sometimes it doesnt let me boot the DS. And one of my SCDS doesnt work at all with any of the microSDs. Gonna take it all back and try some other solution...
frown.gif

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
people,people.www.supercardstore.com. free shipping anywhere in the world and very cheap for SCDS(50.00 USD). very helpful staff there

donkeyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Put your SCDS1 in your freezer for 30 secs and then try it again. If it was anything like mine, it will work nicely again for 10 mins before dying again. I sent mine back for an R4DS.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got a supercard sd last week from bamboo gaming as well. When I booted it up without an SD card I got something like a firmware error (Can't remember exactly what it said). It should say SD not found. With the SD in (Japanese Kingston from amazon) nothing happened. If I press the SD right in and hold it in I get the supercard menu up. The games do start up but crash.

I had it working once until I took the SD card out to put it back in again. I also managed to update it to the latest firmware. I'm sending it back to bamboogaming tomorrow and hope I get it back quickly. I wonder if bamboogaming have had a bad batch of supercards.

Breakfast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What you're suppose to get are Kingston ones made in Japan.

Those have had no problem in my SC-DS/EZ5 + any other flash cart I've ever owned.

My friend is an official dealer for Supercard (COMPC.CA) and we talk often about the DS and stuff, and even he has recommended Kingstons made in Japan. All the Sandisk ones he has tried has not work, (but he gets them OEM from wholesalers) so he only stocks Kingstons now.

If you guys want, I'll take a picture of my Kingston after.

How much does COMPC sell their kingston 1 GB microsd cards for?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu